• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Has Stefan Molyneux hooked you?

Started by TackleTheWorld, December 13, 2007, 09:45 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: Friday on February 10, 2009, 08:07 PM NHFT
Big Chatty Forehead's coming to Liberty Forum.   :blahblah:

OMG
it's true!  I'm so there!

What I like best about Stef is when he points out perfectly obvious things about what someone has voluntarily admitted, then the admitter suddenly gets very stupid and can't see why Stef is saying that.

It makes it so obvious that the admitter has a mental block in that area.

MengerFan

Quote from: dalebert on February 11, 2009, 12:39 PM NHFT
Quote from: MengerFan on February 11, 2009, 12:21 PM NHFT
There's Glenn Jacobs. I believe Doug Stanhope used to be, but dropped out when NH was chosen.

You're the FSP celebrity I was referring to! So, is it true? Are you seriously considering coming now that Stefan is coming? I heard you were going to stay in a different hotel for obvious reasons.

I can neither confirm nor deny.

Giggan

I'm getting into this kinda late, but I saw a youtube vid of his a while ago and dug it, but didn't agree with everything. Amazing multilateral analysis though. I went to his site for the first time last week, and was interested by some of the podcast titles and will likely dload them when I have time, but I found the layout of his site to be creepy cultish. Not that I think its a cult or anything like some peoples, but creepy nonetheless.

I'm :sad1: that I likely won't be making liberty forum this year. If The Molyneux's attending, he'd be yet another speaker worth meeting that I won't be there for.

Friday

Quote from: Giggan on February 11, 2009, 02:17 PM NHFT

I'm :sad1: that I likely won't be making liberty forum this year. If The Molyneux's attending, he'd be yet another speaker worth meeting that I won't be there for.
Giggan, why wouldn't you make it?  Is it an economic issue, or did you go off to college somewhere? 

Friday

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on February 11, 2009, 01:09 PM NHFT
What I like best about Stef is when he points out perfectly obvious things about what someone has voluntarily admitted, then the admitter suddenly gets very stupid and can't see why Stef is saying that.

It makes it so obvious that the admitter has a mental block in that area.
Tackle, are you referring to the call-in podcasts?  So far, I've only listened to one of those, and didn't find it nearly as interesting as a solo Stef-rant.  Am I missing the good stuph?

Russell Kanning

Quote from: MengerFan on February 11, 2009, 12:21 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on February 11, 2009, 10:56 AM NHFT
we have fsp celebrities?
There's Glenn Jacobs. I believe Doug Stanhope used to be, but dropped out when NH was chosen.
I don't know who jacobs is

Lloyd Danforth

One of the more eloquent, libertarian Professional...... An eloquent, libertarian Professional Wrestler.

Russell Kanning

will stephan come personally or will we see his big head displayed on a screen like oz?

Friday

Quote from: Russell Kanning on February 11, 2009, 05:29 PM NHFT
will stephan come personally or will we see his big head displayed on a screen like oz?
The Stefmeister will be in the building.   :drevil:

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: Friday on February 11, 2009, 03:53 PM NHFT
Tackle, are you referring to the call-in podcasts?  So far, I've only listened to one of those, and didn't find it nearly as interesting as a solo Stef-rant.  Am I missing the good stuph?
The solo rants are very good, he always has an innovative view of things. 
The Sunday call-in shows are hit or miss, parts are genius, parts are boring, parts are too buzzy to listen to.
I prefer the listener convos,  the participants are usually ready to be cut open in public. and Stef splays out their psyches in a very polite way.  I end up feeling empathetic towards people with mental states I would otherwise condemn unthinkingly.

Giggan

Quote from: Friday on February 11, 2009, 03:47 PM NHFT
Giggan, why wouldn't you make it?  Is it an economic issue, or did you go off to college somewhere? 

I'm currently in Sarasota, FL for college. Trip+LF tickets+Food+either transportation to nashua each day (from Concord) or housing in Nashua for the few days would be beyond my budget, since my income is around $0/week. I had a blast last year, but this year I'll just hold out for porcfest and burning porc.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Giggan on February 11, 2009, 07:27 PM NHFT

I'm currently in Sarasota, FL for college. Trip+LF tickets+Food+either transportation to nashua each day (from Concord) or housing in Nashua for the few days would be beyond my budget, since my income is around $0/week. I had a blast last year, but this year I'll just hold out for porcfest and burning porc.

You at New College?

Giggan

Right now, I'm at the New College library, but I go to USF Sarasota, down the street, and live in an old motel, now apartments between them.

Perilous

Quote from: dalebert on February 11, 2009, 09:52 AM NHFT
Quote from: Friday on February 10, 2009, 08:07 PM NHFT
Big Chatty Forehead's coming to Liberty Forum.   :blahblah:

I heard a rumor that Stefan's presence at the Forum is actually reversing the planned boycott of a certain FSP celebrity but I find it hard to believe so I need to hear it from other sources first.  :o

What is/was the boycott about?

Friday

Quote from: Giggan on February 11, 2009, 07:27 PM NHFT

In case you don't know, tickets are 50% off for college students.