• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Shire Silver Design Contest!

Started by ReverendRyan, December 20, 2007, 12:43 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Puke

Quote from: Caleb on December 22, 2007, 01:27 AM NHFT
If you want to create your own currency, you ought to give it a name other than "dollar". I would suggest "granite". One granite could equal a tenth of an ounce of silver, so a silver round would be 10 Granites. Instead of using a dollar sign, you could use a capital "G" with two lines through it.

Brilliant.

Russell Kanning

ReverendRyan

Why not start with "Shire Silver" and expand to "Granite Gold"?

Puke

I just liked the idea of the "G" monetary symbol.  :)

Perhaps Shire Silver could be a double "S" of some kind.

ReverendRyan

Best of both worlds: 2 G's rotated and superimposed, forming an S.

Kat Kanning

I liked Optima.

So no one is interested in explaining Shire Silver?

Ron Helwig

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 22, 2007, 11:29 AM NHFT
I liked Optima.

So no one is interested in explaining Shire Silver?

Sorry, but we're a bit busy. Is there a deadline?

Kat Kanning

Nope, was just trying to get it up on the website as soon as possible for ya guys :)

sandm000

Quote from: Caleb on December 22, 2007, 01:27 AM NHFT
If you want to create your own currency, you ought to give it a name other than "dollar". I would suggest "granite". One granite could equal a tenth of an ounce of silver, so a silver round would be 10 Granites. Instead of using a dollar sign, you could use a capital "G" with two lines through it.

Caleb

Isn't the unit of measure grams?  Why invent a fake system of currency?  Just put .999 fine silver (or Ag) X grams.  With a slight modification to the idea of a "Granite" you have this which you could use for grams Ag, non?

sandm000

Also how is this a contest if there is no prize?

Quoteyour design in silver should be enough
If you were going to give me 1 of each design that wins, yes.  If I have to then buy one, what is the point of spending my time working for you, without recompense?

That being said, I've already got at least one idea. And to get it out of my head will almost be its own reward.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: sandm000 on December 24, 2007, 07:25 AM NHFT
Isn't the unit of measure grams?  Why invent a fake system of currency?  Just put .999 fine silver (or Ag) X grams.  With a slight modification to the idea of a "Granite" you have this which you could use for grams Ag, non?
I like that one too.

Ron Helwig

Quote from: sandm000 on December 24, 2007, 07:31 AM NHFT
Also how is this a contest if there is no prize?

There is no prize yet. It just means we haven't decided yet what the prize will be.

I like that AG combo idea - kinda reminds me of the anarchy symbol as well.  :brave:

Ron Helwig

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 24, 2007, 05:57 AM NHFT
Nope, was just trying to get it up on the website as soon as possible for ya guys :)

OK, I'll see if I can find some time to work on it. We need that sort of "copy" for the Shire Silver websites as well.

sandm000

Obverse:

Reverse:

obviously the elvish isn't mine, nor do I haver permission to use it.  I just thought it would be neat to make.

Lex

Why settle for only 0.999 fine? Can't we do better than that?