• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Puke's Free

Started by Jim Johnson, December 20, 2007, 07:42 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

Puke got the letter releasing him from the ready reserve...ya  :party-smiley-020:

Kat Kanning

Becky Thatcher

It's a Festivus miracle!! ;D

Pat K

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: Becky Thatcher on December 20, 2007, 07:57 PM NHFT
It's a Festivus miracle!! ;D
Dang, I'm beginning to believe in the power of Festivus.

Take a deep breath of free air, Puke!  It feels refreshing. :clapping:

dysurian

Woo hoo! Does this mean Puke would also be exempt from the draft if those smelly rat bastards brought it back, or am I wrong about that? Either way, I recommend everyone in danger of being drafted start documenting their conscientious objection through blogging/podcasting ASAP. Never can be too safe about something like that, aaaaand you'd be spreading the message of freedom at the same time! What a freaking multi-tasker!

David

Already doing that Dysurian.   ;)

dalebert

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: dysurian on December 20, 2007, 09:51 PM NHFT
Woo hoo! Does this mean Puke would also be exempt from the draft if those smelly rat bastards brought it back, or am I wrong about that? Either way, I recommend everyone in danger of being drafted start documenting their conscientious objection through blogging/podcasting ASAP. Never can be too safe about something like that, aaaaand you'd be spreading the message of freedom at the same time! What a freaking multi-tasker!

Conscientious objection requires one to demonstrate a moral position against killing (including defense), doesn't it? That doesn't seem feasible considering how well-armed some of us freestaters are...

dysurian

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on December 21, 2007, 10:15 PM NHFT

Conscientious objection requires one to demonstrate a moral position against killing (including defense), doesn't it? That doesn't seem feasible considering how well-armed some of us freestaters are...

Yikes! You mean even against self-defense? I don't remember this from the small amount of reading I did on CO a year or two ago, but it wouldn't surprise me. I'd personally just go to prison if they wanted to give me an MP5 and tell me to shoot brown people in a different part of the world, but I'd really rather gain CO status if possible. From what I hear, prison wouldn't exactly be my thing.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: dysurian on December 21, 2007, 11:41 PM NHFT
Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on December 21, 2007, 10:15 PM NHFT

Yikes! You mean even against self-defense? I don't remember this from the small amount of reading I did on CO a year or two ago, but it wouldn't surprise me. I'd personally just go to prison if they wanted to give me an MP5 and tell me to shoot brown people in a different part of the world, but I'd really rather gain CO status if possible. From what I hear, prison wouldn't exactly be my thing.

Some useful information here. From the rather subjective questions they ask, it sounds like if you can justify the use of force at all, you can qualify for military service. Remember that most countries always try to claim their military is purely operating as a "defensive" force.

Fluff and Stuff

Beth221

my top is off to you, Puke, Congrats! 

ancapagency

RE: Conscientious Objectors--

The new draft does away with ALL deferments--there is no CO Status anymore, nor deferments for college or family reasons or even disability.  If you go take a look at the bill that's been sitting in committee in the Senate for the past few years waiting to come to the floor, it's UNIVERSAL NATIONAL SERVICE.  The way the new draft works, the military gets first crack at you.  If they don't want you, then you go into Americorps for the labor battalions, which ARE DEPLOYABLE TO COMBAT ZONES. 

So, under the new draft, you go to the combat zone with a rifle, or without one, but it ain't your choice.

Also, agreements have already been made w/ Canada and Mexico--they will extradite draft dodgers back to the US.

At least, that's what I read in the bill introduced in the US Senate and what I've heard via other sources.

Puke

How did I miss this thread?
It is good to be free. Thanks to everyone for the kind words.
I don't know about the draft. I suspect that if they need the meat-shields then the military will call anyone back. In fact, since I already have the experience a person like myself could be called back first. Who cares. I will not go quietly.

Quote from: Beth221 on January 09, 2008, 07:54 PM NHFT
my top is off to you, Puke, Congrats! 

Fascinating sentiment, thanks. O_o