• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Coming for a visit 2-9 Jan

Started by planetaryjim, December 21, 2007, 10:26 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

planetaryjim

Any suggestions welcome. 

Should I buy tire chains for my car?

Are there any activities during that time, other than the Liberty Forum in Nashua?

Anyone want to get together to talk non-violent revolution?

Kat Kanning

You don't need chains.  They actually plow the roads in NH. 

Pat K

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 21, 2007, 05:27 PM NHFT
You don't need chains.  They actually plow the roads in NH. 

It's TRUE!!! I saw them do it.  ;D

Bald Eagle

Yeah, compared to the South where they wet themselves and then drive off the road when they sew a few flakes fall from the sky, the people up here have their Schiht together and get right down to it.

Big snow plows are everywhere, lots of folk have plows on their trucks, and people just know what to do.

I have a Saturn without snow tires and have had very few problems. 

David

It is not posted yet, but I assume there will be a Merrimack (Manchester area, at Murphies Taproom) monthly meeting the first saturday of the month.  Sunday the Keene folks do a meet n greet (Social Sunday).  And that tuesday there will be a meet n greet (taproom tuesday) in Manchester.  Those are all establised meets, that you are sure to see others.   :)  I hope to see you if you come visit Keene. 

srqrebel

My truck is a rear wheel drive with no snow tires or chains, and so far the only problem I've run into is getting traction going uphill from a complete stop, on snow.
Chains help with traction on slippery surfaces, but don't do much for stopping a slide, (or so I am told).

Hope to see you in Keene on Jan. 6 for our Social Sundays event! :)

Russell Kanning

chains help stopping too .... I just don't like putting them on

EJinCT

Quote from: planetaryjim on December 21, 2007, 10:26 AM NHFT
Any suggestions welcome. 

Standard  N.E. precautions should suffice.  8)

Snow shovel, food/water, good m.v. battery, windshield/radiator fluid that won't freeze, fix-a-flat,
cold weather sleeping bag/blankets, flashlight ( w/ good batteries or fully charged) and a full tank of gas.