• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Free Audiobook: "The Market for Liberty"

Started by FTL_Ian, December 26, 2007, 11:08 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Thanks to Laissez Faire Books, we are able to bring you a free audiobook, "The Market for Liberty". This brilliant book explains why government is an unnecessary evil and how the Free Market is superior in every possible way. Available in both medium quality and high quality MP3s. Download it free here: http://book.freekeene.com

8)

frisco

Awesome!  Thank you for making it happen and LFB for making it possible!

When I read that book, I was amazed at how many of the arguments are still being played out today in Internet fora.  That they came up with answers to so many objections without the benefit of mass communications is really impressive.

Slightly off-topic, does anyone know for sure whether the Tannehills are still around?

Lloyd Danforth

I understand they are both deceased, but, I don't know who told me.  I think it was Richard Boddie, as, I know it was he who told me of  Robert LeFevre's death.  I knew Morey fairly well as he came and spent time with us in Hartford when he came to speak at Libertarian conventions in NYC and Philadelphia.  I don't know if my friends kept up with the Tannahills as we eventually went separate ways.

Perilous

I'm on chapter 3 now.  Great read, Ian.  Thanks!

I love how you pronounce phrases in quotes.  Such disgust in your voice.  It's excellent! :)

PS.  Did you write the introduction?

FTL_Ian

Rosie the Riveter

FTL_Ian

Russell Kanning

porcupine kate

I heard you and Gard taking about it today on Against the Grain today. ;D

I'm looking forward to listening to it.
Kate

frisco

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on December 26, 2007, 05:02 PM NHFT
I understand they are both deceased, but, I don't know who told me.  I think it was Richard Boddie, as, I know it was he who told me of  Robert LeFevre's death.  I knew Morey fairly well as he came and spent time with us in Hartford when he came to speak at Libertarian conventions in NYC and Philadelphia.  I don't know if my friends kept up with the Tannahills as we eventually went separate ways.
I suspect you're right about Morris.  I did a search and found who I think is the same Linda Tannehill, teaching at a fishery in AK, or at least was as of '03.

David

FTL_Ian

Eli

Ian, I don't know what kind of rights you have to this but you might reach an even larger audience uploading it to podiobooks.com

FTL_Ian

It is public domain.  Feel free to upload it wherever you like!

Eli

The book or the recording?  Sorry to be a stickler but I'm just trying not to step on any toes.