• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Heating assistance

Started by MaineShark, December 28, 2007, 12:49 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MaineShark

A few folks have contacted me looking to donate funds to buy a boiler for someone in need or lower heating bills.

I'd like to:

A) Find someone in need.  I know a couple, but not everyone is willing to accept charity, so having some backup options would be helpful - I can't ethically accept funds for a project, without knowing that I can actually deliver.

B) Potentially set up an assistance program.  When things are a bit slower in the summer, I can probably talk my suppliers into giving me a better deal on the equipment, so we could get more bang for the buck.  Find a family or two who are struggling to pay for heat, and help them out.  Or someone who has been heating with wood and has become disabled, therefore needing a "labor-free" heating system.

Thoughts?  This is likely to happen whether or not Porcupines get involved, but I figured it would demonstrate ability to take care of our neighbors, without government involvement.  If there are any Porcupines that might qualify as needing this, it would also be nice to "keep it in the family," so to speak.

Joe

David

I am a huge fan of the small-medium size 'safe-heat' oil filled electric radiators.  good around children, pets, and the elderly or disabled.  The bill can be kept reasonable if it is turned off in rooms not being used, or down.  Much more efficient than central air.  They run from 30-60 dollars a piece.  Just a thought.