• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

What are the best possible prices on these items:

Started by Dave Ridley, December 15, 2007, 03:21 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

As some of you may have seen over at

http://newhampshireunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=12492.msg214643#new

I"m toying with the idea of designing  and producing a big, inexpensive disaster kit.

I'm curious as to where you think i could get the best possible prices on the following items, and what the best possible prices would be.

tampons, candles, matches, sterno, odorless mineral spirits home depot, honey, salt, see through trash bags, baggies,  razors, lighter fluid, rubbing alchohol, concentrated anti freeze, deterge, paper towell,soap, sponges, gear for latrines, , steel wool pads, bloo, kerosene, vaseline, aluminum foil, paper sacks, plastic wrap, trash bags, anti-itch powder, Isopropyl or Rubbing Alcohol, disaster books, panty liners, honey,  sugar, krill lights, hormel corned beef,diapers

dada thank

candles, matches, sterno, odorless mineral spirits home depot, honey, salt, see through bags, baggies, tampons, razors, lighter fluid, rubbing alchohol, concentrated anti freeze, deterge, paper towell,soap, sponges, gear for latrines, , steel wool pads, bloo, kerosene, vaseline, aluminum foil, paper sacks, plastic wrap, trash bags, anti-itch powder, Isopropyl or Rubbing Alcohol, disaster books, panty liners, honey,  sugar, krill lights, hormel corned beef,diapers

Dave Ridley

in my experince here are the best prices i've found thus far, on some of the items.   this generally assumes that the item is of high enough quality that I actually choose it over the competition.  but some of these items i don't use at all.

blade razors:  (double, disposable) - 13 cents each - dollar tree manch
tissue paper -  3 per penny - market basket store brand. only during sales. 
candles:  4 cents for a 5 hour tea candle  - wal mart
matches 1/4 cent each  -
sterno:  a buck each - ebay
salt:  20 cents a pound  - wal mart

I'd be interested to learn who has done better and where and how

porcupine kate

check candle prices after Christmas.  Most stores put the red, green and white on clearance with the other holiday stuff.

Russell Kanning

buying AFTER Christmas .... one of my favorite activities

porcupine kate

I was talking to a guy from Hersey's chocolate yesterday.  He was saying with all the bad weather impulse purchases were down.  The stores still had tons of product.  This means the after Christmas sales in general should be very good this year.  Stock up!
Kate