• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Woman's History Month, CALLING YOU LADIES!!!!CANCELED!!

Started by Beth221, December 30, 2007, 09:36 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Beth221

Event has been canceled, due to moving! 

Any women here interested in a little forum, in celebration of Womans History Month, in March?  I know it is short notice, but I just had a light bulb go off in my my head!  I think it might be a good thing to help brainstorm getting women interested in the FSP, and we can celebrate the history of Liberty loving Ladies!  Now, I know about the "Founding Fathers", but what about the women behind the men? The Founding Mothers of this country?  I would love to go down a road, and learn about the Women who inspired the great minds of this country!  Imagine the dinner table discussions between Thomas and Martha Jefferson?   

So, good, bad, or interesting idea?

Lloyd Danforth

Beth221

EJinCT

Quote from: Beth221 on December 30, 2007, 09:36 AM NHFT
Imagine the dinner table discussions between Thomas and Martha Jefferson?   

~ Thomas Jefferson sitting down to repast after arriving home "late" ~

Martha: Thomas Jefferson!!! Where hath thou been!!!??? Why doth thou reek of hemp and hops!? The tallow hath already burnt out once, the meal hath turned cold, the horses still needeth oats, we hath nearly run out of firewood, the chimney needeth sweeping,  blah bla blah bla blah...

Thomas: The pub dear. Forgive me dear. I will attendeth to those momentarily dear.

Martha: Doth thou realize I hath been slaving over coal and kettle since early morn, thou should be more considerate and arriveth when I told thou to. Why is thou needing to fraternize at such a place for hours upon end? Does thou not realize those drunkards and hooligans will do little more than drag thou to the dregs they inhabit? Why are such men more important than thou own wife!? blah bla blah bla blah...

Thomas:Yes dear, we were discussing...

Martha:If it is discourse tho seeketh; why doth thou not engage thou own wife!? Art mine opinions not worthy of thou consideration? Hath I not always told thou of the right course to follow? Why doth thou counsel with rebellious louts while thine wife struggles with daily toils and suffers in loneliness, blah bla blah bla blah...

Thomas: No dear, it's is simply...

Martha: blah bla blah bla blah... blah bla blah bla blah, blah bla blah bla blah bla blah... blah bla blah bla blah... blah bla blah bla blah, blah bla blah bla blah bla blah, blah bla blah bla blah, blah bla blah bla blah blah, bla blah bla blah, blah bla blah bla blah bla blah... blah bla blah bla bla....... ( Argumentum ad nauseam. )

Thomas: Yes dear.

;D

Lloyd Danforth

;D Boy, are you gonna be in trouble

EJinCT

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on December 31, 2007, 11:02 AM NHFT
;D Boy, are you gonna be in trouble

Already there.   ;D 

What's the matter? Truth hurt?

Bring it!  >:D

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on December 30, 2007, 10:01 AM NHFT
Short notice?

How long does it take to create a forum?  Kat should be able to whip one out in a couple minutes.

Kat Kanning

Oh, an online forum or a discussion in person type forum?

Beth221

in person, i am trying for murphies, for a fundraiser, money raised going to getting more chicks invilved in liberty. (and the fsp)

i want to have little readings from FSP women here, reading about the founding father's wives, and that followed by a discussion to get more women involved.  I have contacted the Libertarian woman's caucus, and they are interested in speaking at either porcfest, or Lib forum next year.  I might beable to get one here for  our woman's history day celebration in march. 

Kat Kanning

EJinCT

On the serious side;

To address the issue it may help to know the root causes that are keeping woman away.

I don't think it is due to a lack of info. There is more than enough info. for those inclined to look for it.

So, what is stopping more woman from getting involved in the first place?

My guess would be materialism and vanity.

Kat Kanning

Nice.  This topic has been discussed to death here before, BTW.

Beth221

am i not pretty??? 

hehe
i was reading a article, and it said that it is because most libertarian men are arrogant, and women, by nature are statist, and want to help and nurture all.

i dissagreed with it. 

Beth221

ok.. 

So, anyone in for a little light speaking on march 8th? 

EJinCT

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 31, 2007, 02:22 PM NHFT
Nice.  This topic has been discussed to death here before, BTW.

What was the solution?

If there was no solution, then the topic should still be discussed IMO.

It may not seem like much of a problem now from a womans perspective, but I assure you it can become a problem that has larger ranging consequences than some might imagine.

Quote from: Beth221 on December 31, 2007, 02:23 PM NHFT
i was reading a article, and it said that it is because most libertarian men are arrogant, and women, by nature are statist, and want to help and nurture all.

What a load of....

Being "libertarian" does not stop anyone from being helpful or nurturing. I think just the opposite actually; it promotes community and being a "good neighbor".

Anyway, wish you luck with that.  8)