• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Woman's History Month, CALLING YOU LADIES!!!!CANCELED!!

Started by Beth221, December 30, 2007, 09:36 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Beth221

would you like to help out ej?  i am not excuding men from this at all. 

Lloyd Danforth

I've been looking for my feminin side since you brought it up

EJinCT

I would, but I just joined the He-Man Woman Haters Club.  ;D

Honestly, I don't think I would be much help even if I could find the time for it.

Pat K

Before Beth was Born.

[youtube=425,350]fiTIdZdcKy0[/youtube]

Beth221

if i cant do it at murphies, then Party at K-Rolls place! 

Beth221

Pat McCotter

Beth221

Ok, So, I have gotten very little interest in this, and I am trying to have some of the best women in Libertarism involved as speakers for this event.  I want to fill Kevin Rolls Place, like we did when Ron swung bye!

I know there is women who are on this forum, dont make me type your sn's here and call you out!

I need help with a few things, someone to do fancy invites, someone to manage food, I am thinking on hiring a bar tender if all goes well, and more than just me and my dog shows up.  Does some one have a podeum I can place infront of Kevin's fireplace? 

I need to construct a program for the event, which is easy, but so far, The head speaker is, Me, the second, third 4th speaker is me, I will be giving the introductions to the speakers, and to finish out the night, I will be speaking.

Look, Listen up Ladies:  I know some of your are busy, and have lives, but there has always been strong interest, and talk of trying to get more woman involved in the FSP.  I have a handful of strong women in my meet-up group who are very interested in this event, and I am using it as a welcoming tool, as there is a few who are interested in seeing what this is all about.  Use this event to show family and freinds alike, that we are strong, motivated women, and that we believe that our freedoms need not be controled by LAWS. 

There are many laws in place today, that cause our constutional rights to be attacked,and many laws in place that "protect" women, but only add sexual tention between men and women.  Lets use this venue to discuss what we can do at a state level in NH. 

Please email me  Beth@garthwaite.org  It is not goiong to take much to pull this off, and it will be a great spring board for the future. 
So, burn your bras and let get planning! 

kola

cool video..,Helen was cute girl. I liked her hairstyle too.

old,
Kola

Beth221

Lactivist

I'm bummed this is canceled, but felt the need to post on why there aren't more libertarian women (even if no one is reading this anymore).  First, I speak as a liberty lover...but an unknown libertarian until my husband joined FSP.  I would say that most "libertarian" issues focus around things that are male dominated (firearms, politics, etc.).  Not to say that women shouldn't be involved in these things, just that historically they haven't been.  Also, I have to admit that I never dug deeper than republican/democrat or liberal/conservative. When I started becoming more politically motivated, I found myself explaining libertarian to EVERYONE ( family, friends, new acquaintances).  I think the more we are able to expose people to liberty issues, the more women you'll see.

porcupine kate

Hello LActavist.
Welcome to the forum.  There are a great deal of women in the liberty movement.  Most of the women I have met here in NH aren't on the forums much.  They are out doing all sorts of things.  They are not only raising families and working they are also volunteering in the community, fighting for liberty causes dear to them and reaching out to the people moving here to join the fight for more liberty.  I have never come across a group of women so busy and so diverse.
We have the Liberty Ladies group so we can get together and do non political stuff.

www.libertyladies.org

If you can come to New Hampshire for PorcFest this year you will met a large group of these ladies.  We are running at least 1/2 a dozen activities this year.  I would love for you and your family (you get extra points for bringing the extended family) to met us at PorcFest 2008.

http://freestateproject.org/festival/

Hope to see you soon.
Kate

Beth221

i will be rescheduling the event, just not any time soon, with moving now, I need to start packing, I want to organize more help for this event, as it was seemingly to be on my shoulders, with the help of some speakers!

Maybe we can start selling tickets to the event, and have it at a hall, making it all fancy!

YAHOOOO I AM MOVING!

porcupine kate

If you want it to be fancy in a hall maybe do it for the Liberty Forum.
This would give you plenty of time to move and get settled. 
Crista and I wanted to have speakers on womens liberty isueses at the forum.
We didn't have enough time to do it for 2008.  2009 is a different matter we have plenty of time to get it together.
Let me know what you think.
Kate

Beth221