• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

ANY Snomobilers among you? '06 SkiDoo 4 sale-cheap>>Get INTO It!

Started by Riddler, January 03, 2008, 06:03 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Riddler

'06 skidoo freestyle 300 w/ elec. start & reverse
this was used ONCE last season
more details w/ interested party

Riddler

OK, If I add the following, it'll interest you:

when "they" shut the roadways down & impose martial law & install roadblocks EVERYWHERE ( in winter; we'll talk about other ATV's when the snow melts), you'll still be able to avoid detention by the man with one of these-here snowmobiles;
                            YOU CAN:
-escape thru the woods, even drive down snow-covered roads that the jack-booted thugs can't traverse in their patrol cars fast      enough to catch you;
-drive across frozen bodies of water very quickly;
-access snowy areas unreachable by the average hiker;
-avoid having to plow the road to your hideaway in the woods when you have a sno-mo; then No-one can drive up w/ armored vehicles & such

Nat F

I take it this is also your listing?
http://nh.craigslist.org/rvs/523834807.html
The freestyle looks interesting for kids who have outgrown the kitty kat and mini z sleds but aren't big enough for the full sized sleds.  The narrow ski stance seems to be a liability though.  A single cylinder 300cc displacement is a very small engine, but it doesn't take much to get a small person going fast.  I imagine top speed must be somewhere around 40 mph?

-Nat

Kat Kanning

Riddler

Quote from: Nat F on January 03, 2008, 09:57 PM NHFT
I take it this is also your listing?
http://nh.craigslist.org/rvs/523834807.html
The freestyle looks interesting for kids who have outgrown the kitty kat and mini z sleds but aren't big enough for the full sized sleds.  The narrow ski stance seems to be a liability though.  A single cylinder 300cc displacement is a very small engine, but it doesn't take much to get a small person going fast.  I imagine top speed must be somewhere around 40 mph?

-Nat

Actually Nat,

It is a full size frame, just w/ the small sing. cyl. It is great for kids, the wife, etc. , but it hauls me around w/out a prob. (225 lbs). It is a 50 mph machine. Very maneuverable at 392 lbs. The elec. start & rev. are key for kids/ladies.
(yes, that is my ad)...

Riddler

Nat F

Quote from: babalugatz on January 04, 2008, 10:40 AM NHFT
It is a full size frame, just w/ the small sing. cyl. It is great for kids, the wife, etc. , but it hauls me around w/out a prob. (225 lbs). It is a 50 mph machine. Very maneuverable at 392 lbs. The elec. start & rev. are key for kids/ladies.
(yes, that is my ad)...

If only the timing was better.  My kids will need this sled eventually.  This year I'm looking for a kitty kat or a mini z for them.  That sled sound perfect for a new rider or someone just riding it locally.  Since I'm 6'5" and weigh more than that sled it's not for me though.  Electric start and reverse are mandatory, my current sled (arctic cat 580 powder special) has neither and I really regret not adding them when I bought it.

-Nat

KBCraig

Not being familiar with snow mos, is the reverse geared, or electric?

Nat F

Quote from: KBCraig on January 04, 2008, 09:42 PM NHFT

It depends on the sled.  The Freestyle for sale above appears to have electronic reverse, but I only have personal experience with sleds with geared reverse from the '90s.

-Nat

Riddler

Quote from: KBCraig on January 04, 2008, 09:42 PM NHFT

Ski-Doo has a unique (although, others may have copied it by now) reverse system; push a button, and the engine seems to shut off, & at the last second, restarts.....backwards!... it's pretty cool...eliminates a gearbox & associated parts, levers, etc.

KBCraig

Quote from: babalugatz on January 05, 2008, 08:35 AM NHFT
Ski-Doo has a unique (although, others may have copied it by now) reverse system; push a button, and the engine seems to shut off, & at the last second, restarts.....backwards!...

Ah, so they're still running two-strokes.  8)

Riddler

Quote from: KBCraig on January 05, 2008, 01:07 PM NHFT
Ski-Doo has a unique (although, others may have copied it by now) reverse system; push a button, and the engine seems to shut off, & at the last second, restarts.....backwards!...

2 stokes are the mainstay for ALL sno-mo companies. 4 strokes are avail. by most as a pricey option.
I just bought a used 4 stroke, like new, for short $
No smell
@ 20 mpg
QUIET, best of all

KBCraig

Quote from: babalugatz on January 05, 2008, 05:52 PM NHFT
2 stokes are the mainstay for ALL sno-mo companies.

When 2-strokes ruled in the '70s, my buddies and I used to bump-start our bikes in reverse by rolling backwards down a hill. No power, since the spark timing was all wrong, but it was good for giggles. For a minute or two. Motorcycles are really hard to ride in reverse.  ;D

In the age of electronics, it would be simple to make a 2-stroke run in reverse with correct timing.

I've never been into ATVs ("OHRV's" in NH), but the notion of a trail/tour snowmo is kind of appealing. Assuming there are trails where folks can tour without being blasted by racer wannabees.

Nat F

Quote from: KBCraig on January 06, 2008, 12:42 AM NHFT
I've never been into ATVs ("OHRV's" in NH), but the notion of a trail/tour snowmo is kind of appealing. Assuming there are trails where folks can tour without being blasted by racer wannabees.

There are tons of trails where folks can tour without being blasted by racer wannabees.  Ride M-F except school vacation weeks and every trail is great touring.  If you want to ride weekends you should stay away from the hot spots but even then careful trail selection will provide a great low speed experience.  Unless it's really poor snow conditions Bear Notch Rd between the Kank and 302 is perfect since it's a land locked trail system.  You can cover every bit of trail in a day but it's a beautiful trail.  The trails to the east of Conway/North Conway are also touring friendly since the racer wannabees can't get up to speed on the trails nestled in the national forest.  It's really just a matter of avoiding the crowds (Pittsburg, Rangely, Jackman, etc) and hitting the less crowded trails.

-Nat

Riddler

Quote from: KBCraig on January 06, 2008, 12:42 AM NHFT
Quote from: babalugatz on January 05, 2008, 05:52 PM NHFT
2 stokes are the mainstay for ALL sno-mo companies.

When 2-strokes ruled in the '70s, my buddies and I used to bump-start our bikes in reverse by rolling backwards down a hill. No power, since the spark timing was all wrong, but it was good for giggles. For a minute or two. Motorcycles are really hard to ride in reverse.  ;D

In the age of electronics, it would be simple to make a 2-stroke run in reverse with correct timing.

I can ride to the top of the hill behind my house & get on a 'state' trail, which I could. if I really wanted, ride all the way to Canada.
I was out yesterday & the trails were freshly groomed. It was beautiful. Most people aren't hot-dogging; The trails wind thru the woods, close to trees; you'd kill yourself if you were trying to 'race'