• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

How many men can the ARMY piss off at once?

Started by Jim Johnson, January 05, 2008, 04:43 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Beth221

Quote from: Caleb on January 06, 2008, 08:30 PM NHFT
Quote from: Beth221 on January 06, 2008, 08:23 PM NHFT
Quote from: Caleb on January 06, 2008, 08:15 PM NHFT
This is anecdotal, but all of my health problems began shortly after I got my amalgam fillings.

Caleb
how about we all brush and floss our teeth, then we dont need fillings.

caleb, i am sorry to hear about that, sometimes removing decay, and stirring up the bees nest, so to say, can effect the body. 

kola, i love reading scientific facts about my field, so bring it on. 

yeah, and I'm not saying that it was the mercury specifically. I know that when I had them removed I didn't get better. But then again, I didn't get worse either, so I'm not so sure that removing the mercury fillings is as bad as people say either.  My problem is with the dishonesty in the profession. I was never told that they were putting mercury in my mouth. They call them "silver" fillings, which is dishonest, imo.

i love educating my clients, if someone wants to talk about merc, or radiation, or the need for dental xrays, i give both sides of the story, i have cost dentist money before, by turning people away from procedures because of their worry. 

Caleb, if you had them removed within a short amout of time, that is great, the metal is still "soft" and it drills out very quickly, just keep an eye on your replacement fillings, composites need xrays more than amalgam fillings because they are harder to see if there is a problem with them, they are not an exact fit to your tooth, and the bonding agent is very toxic too.  Not to mention the acid etch that we use to clean the tooth, and most composite fillings are lined with a medication, to attempt to fight bacteria, and it causes the nerve in the tooth to retract away from the filling, toxic.... 

question every procedure, if your dentist doesnt answer your question, get a new one.  if you dont ask what kind of filling it is, or if you dont ask what is in the silver, which is discribing the color, not the makeup of the amalgam, then you get what you asked for, sort of. 

kola

btw, I would pass on any type of fake penis. But that is really not comparable to boobs.

maybe testicles would be a better comparison..and no thanks to implanting a billiard ball in my nutsack.

Kola

kola

but Beth, you do not know both sides of the story so how can you tell patients about it?

Are you familiar with Hal Huggins work? If yes, do you accept it? if no, then you haven't looked at both sides.

What would you like me to post that you can't find on your own? if you knew both sides I would not have to post much at all.

Kola

Beth221

Quote from: kola on January 06, 2008, 08:37 PM NHFT
Beth,

Why have Sweden, Norway, Germany, Denmark, Austria, Japan, Finland and Canada  taken steps to limit and phase out the use of amalgam (mercury) restorations?

Last I read, California was working at banning its use as well.

We can start a new thread if you wish?

Kola

that is easy, which i have already answered it, sort of, same reason nitrous is not being used, the workers, the dentist, and assistants are breathing it in on a 40 hour a week basis,more exposure, we get more complications from it, than you having it in your teeth.  Nitrous is harmfull if you are prego, and breathing it in, small doses, like if a prego assistant, or doc, worked on 20 people a day,a nd breathed it all that nitrous in the airt, the baby would come out with three heads or something creapy.

I used the analogy of a fake penis, because it has the same emotional effect on both sexes, if i lost my boobs, and if your cock fell off.  And, my breasts dont have nerves??  Gosh, what makes my nipples feel good when I caress them? 

Ohh one more thing, if the FDA bans merc in dental fillings, then the government benefits from the more expensive filling materials.  if its more $ in their pocket, because you know the gov, has its hands deep in the ADA's pocket, why not do it? 

Beth221

Quote from: kola on January 06, 2008, 08:41 PM NHFT
but Beth, you do not know both sides of the story so how can you tell patients about it?

Are you familiar with Hal Huggins work? If yes, do you accept it? if no, then you haven't looked at both sides.

What would you like me to post that you can't find on your own? if you knew both sides I would not have to post much at all.

Kola

dont make me find a fake boob and smack you with it.  I know both sides of the story, trust me, i get clients who are opposed to fillings all the time, and we dont make them get amalgam.  Plus i am educated.  I am required to keep up on my training, and I take most of it in classes for educational purposes, for alternatives for fillings. 

i cant belive you think dentures are a good alternative.  Say no to steak, say yes to blisters in your mouth, and a million trips for adjustments,  and a few bucks to get them made.  Never mind the nice smell of a denture! 

kola

yup, you're right Beth. You and Joe definitely know it all.  ;)

Kola  8)

MaineShark

Quote from: Beth221 on January 06, 2008, 08:12 PM NHFTi love angry joe, he is my hero!

Yes, Joe, you are 100% correct, when you remove a amalgam filling, with a drill, that spins at a minimum of 30K revolutions a second, the dust you breath in, swallow, and what comes in contact with your blood stream is bad, bad, bad, but its still not as much heavy metal as eating that can of tuna fish.  It can even tattoo your skin, in your mouth, if it gets caught in it.

Thanks.  Yeah, I've seen them prepare the amalgam.  Not much mercury in the stuff, but there's sure a lot during manufacture.  Installed some amalgam separators when I was working as a plumber in Maine, due to their new mercury rules.  Like you said, no more than flushing a bit of tuna down the drain, but they'll force dentists to buy fancy equipment to keep amalgam dust out of the drains, just because they have the guns and they can do it.

Quote from: kola on January 06, 2008, 08:37 PM NHFTWhy have Sweden, Norway, Germany, Denmark, Austria, Japan, Finland and Canada  taken steps to limit and phase out the use of amalgam (mercury) restorations?

Last I read, California was working at banning its use as well.

We can start a new thread if you wish?

Thanks for proving my point.  You just love government bans on things, eh?

Joe

MaineShark

Quote from: kola on January 06, 2008, 08:54 PM NHFTyup, you're right Beth. You and Joe definitely know it all.  ;)

Nope.  See, I was just asking Beth some questions about farming.  I don't know much at all about farming.  So I ask someone that does know a bit, rather than just spouting off as if I knew everything.

I'm sure Beth would ask me if she had a question about heating systems.  That's something I know a lot about.

It's folks like you that rant on about all the stuff that you know, when most of it is pitifully-inaccurate.  Those of us actually know, remember the first rule... those who know, know they know not.  I don't pontificate on subjects I am not informed about.

Joe

Beth221

actually joe, i do have some questions on those outdoor heating log burning wood furnaces, like, um, how do you work them?  The place we are looking at has one, runs the heat and hot water. 

Yeah here is a tid bit for you, we can not toss the crud that gets sucked into the traps, in the trash, metals, and crown metals, and other lab materals because its against the law, so we collect it, and send it off to garfield, which takes scrap dental metal, and that is a gain in the eyes of the government, and we get taxed on the scrap metal because it is a capital gain.  but, the boss has to pay the assistant to clean the traps, to suck spit, and sent it off to be refined, not to mention to have the equiptment to have the traps. 

i havent yet worked in an office with a seperators, and yes, not much mercury in a spill, it is used to bond the other metals together, and when it hardens, which is within seconds, so we must work fast, the vapors are not being released, only in a liquid form, and that is the bad stuff, the mad hatters, which might explain my love for boobs. 

MaineShark

Quote from: Beth221 on January 06, 2008, 09:11 PM NHFTactually joe, i do have some questions on those outdoor heating log burning wood furnaces, like, um, how do you work them?  The place we are looking at has one, runs the heat and hot water.

Depends on the particular unit.  Some are pretty good.  Others aren't worth bothering with.  If you want me to inspect the heating system there for you, let me know and we can set up a time (I presume you would have to contact the seller or the seller's realtor to set it up.

Joe

Beth221

excellent idea!!

i will tell Dan asap, we took pics of it, know anything about water filtration? 

Damn, boobs. 

didnt want to stray off topic! 

Jim Johnson

Alright, alright, alright...jeez.

Enough about how breast implants are bad....rubber testicles...and now farming.

I was really hoping this thread would be about how great large breasted women look when they shoot automatic weapons and how the ARMY could use those as a recruiting strategy.

Pat, Lloyd, Roger...KB... gimme a You Tube here.

Caleb

Bad-ass women can be sexy. Think Buffy the Vampire slayer. But I'm thinking the automatic weapons detract from the sexiness of it all. Nothing more sexy than a woman who isn't afraid to kill with her bare hands, or at the very most a blunt stick.

Caleb

Beth221

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on January 06, 2008, 09:19 PM NHFT
Alright, alright, alright...jeez.

Enough about how breast implants are bad....rubber testicles...and now farming.

I was really hoping this thread would be about how great large breasted women look when they shoot automatic weapons and how the ARMY could use those as a recruiting strategy.

Pat, Lloyd, Roger...KB... gimme a You Tube here.
I have a lot to say about breasts, but, doubt I could state them without sounding like a dirty old man