• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

How to Afford Anything by Ken Rockwell

Started by Puke, January 08, 2008, 07:59 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Puke

A nice article about how to save money by Ken Rockwell. Rockwell is a San Diego based photographer who runs a great down to earth photography website. 

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/how-to-afford-anything.htm

Lloyd Danforth

I haven't read it yet, but, how ya gonna save money going to Holland?

malcolm

Quote from: ivyleague28477 on January 08, 2008, 09:24 PM NHFT
he had me up until the line "go dutch".  >:D

He just knows that you can't buy love.  Apparently, he also prefers to not rent it, either.

:icon_pirat:

ny2nh

Quote from: malcolm on January 08, 2008, 10:57 PM NHFT
Quote from: ivyleague28477 on January 08, 2008, 09:24 PM NHFT
he had me up until the line "go dutch".  >:D

He just knows that you can't buy love.  Apparently, he also prefers to not rent it, either.

:icon_pirat:

You can't buy love, you can't steal it, you can't force it. It's either there or it's not - sometimes people get all consumed and can't see what is reality and what is not.

I never understood why women think that the guy should have to buy their way either. I usually say if I ask, I pay. And that only lasts a little while until it becomes more of I'll cook you dinner....or you'll cook me dinner....or we'll just cook dinner together. I've never needed to be wined & dined - I guess I'm just far too practical for that. The amount of $$ a guy spends on me doesn't really impress me....it's more of the things that he does for me that is impressive.

Puke

As John Galt would say, we all need to pay our way.