• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Create a Community

Started by kola, January 09, 2008, 12:53 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

srqrebel

My main objection to the idea of having a pocket of 'anarchy' within the current anti-civilization is this one:

Quote from: David on December 16, 2006, 12:18 AM NHFT
A couple of important things to consider:
The gov't regulates everything, so much of what would go one in our agression free village would be 'illegal'. 
It would be a target for the police to shut down.   

My focus is on achieving freedom.  Peaceful 'anarchy' is the condition of universal freedom.  It can only come about by rendering impotent the Authoritarian Model of Government.

An anarchic community in an authoritarian world would only invite violent attacks from the prevailing crime syndicate, thus discouraging observers from giving further thought to such a lifestyle.  This is why my focus remains squarely on initiating a mass transition away from the AMOG -- which is the most direct route to rendering it impotent, and making the lifestyle of freedom available to all.

John Edward Mercier

Quote from: srqrebel on January 23, 2008, 11:47 AM NHFT
Quote from: John Edward Mercier on January 22, 2008, 11:03 PM NHFT
A little over done. One doesn't actually 'create' a community, its organic... its simply comes about.

Actually, the word David used was 'start', not 'create'.  It is pretty self-evident that it can only succeed if others desire the same thing.

Most communities are indeed organic.  They come about without any conscious planning toward that end.  How much more likely for such a community to take shape when conscious thought is applied to that end, especially if sufficient thought is given to what others want, and developing a plan based on what appeals to them.

Coming from an Amish background, I know that can work spectacularly well, and it can also be a complete flop.  It depends largely on how well the proposed community meets popular demand.

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on January 22, 2008, 11:03 PM NHFT
As for a village or town, that involves incorporation and thus the decision by the founders at what individual sovereign power will be sacrificed for the benefit of all.
This might be as simple as deciding that everyone stay right during travel...
The tricky part is to instill in the founding document (charter) a sense of that anarchy.

Say what??

You can call any community whatever you want, including 'village' or 'town'.  A village is comprised of individuals who peacefully co-exist.  All that is required for this is a mutual understanding, in this case the common objective to illustrate peaceful co-existence on a voluntary basis.

A charter accomplishes exactly the opposite.  It seeks to impose the mutually agreed upon values of the founding individuals upon any individuals who succeed them.  This is a violation of the sovereignty of those individuals -- and completely foreign to a community of individuals who understand and honor the equal sovereignty of their fellows.

The topic was to 'Create a Community'... so I was answering several things at once. Sometimes a developer tries to 'create a community', but it usually entails restrictions, and exists within a prior incorporated region.

If one were to build/lease land in the unincorporated regions of NH, you would slowly become part of the 'community' of others that have done the same... (no planning, just organic growth).

But the thread moved toward the Shakers and such (Incorporated village)... so I reasonable went along and explained how to achieve this. My comprehension of David's thread was to move somewhat in this direction, but I might have misunderstood.

kola

Topic: "create a community"

and here I thought it was a simple basic presentation that would provoke positive ideas.

dang,
Kola

John Edward Mercier

It did.
Just to remove some of the oversight requires a little outside-the-box thinking.

srqrebel

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on January 23, 2008, 06:39 PM NHFT
The topic was to 'Create a Community'...

OOPS... my bad!  I was referring at the initial post of the thread that David referenced above.  Here is the quote:

Quote from: David on December 16, 2006, 12:18 AM NHFT

This is not another free town project.  I don't care about 'taking over' any of the statists precious municiple gov'ts. 
There is no community in the whole of the US that is totally free of first strike force or fraud.  I'd like to start one.

...and now I notice the title of that thread is Creating a city of non agression.  So much for being aware of what I'm reading! ::) :D

I suppose the word 'create' is not too far off target, though 'start' and 'plan' would probably fit better -- unless every participant is fully included in the 'creation' process.

I try to keep things positive, but sometimes I get a bit zealous about going after ideas that seem irrational to me.  I apologize for any negativity this may cause, and will try to pay closer attention to what I'm reading before I respond. :)

srqrebel

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on January 24, 2008, 03:43 AM NHFT
It did.
Just to remove some of the oversight requires a little outside-the-box thinking.

LOL, by 'oversight' are you referring to 'overseeing' the creation of a community, or the stupid 'oversights' in my earlier posts? :P

Either way, well stated! :)

David

Quote from: kola on January 23, 2008, 08:05 PM NHFT
Topic: "create a community"

and here I thought it was a simple basic presentation that would provoke positive ideas.

dang,
Kola
More and more I find you and I on the same train of thought.  Keep plugging away.  I ignore much of the point, counter point debating, most of the time.