• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Going to shut down the forum for a few days

Started by Kat Kanning, January 12, 2008, 09:09 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Kat Kanning on January 13, 2008, 06:06 PM NHFT
Funny...different or funny...really bad?  It looks normal to me.  What browser do you use?
Foxfire.
Before  Ouote is reply with quote
modify topic before Modify
split this topic before Split Topic

I can live with it.  I thought you should know.

Faber

There used to be a little blue "new" button next to the title of a thread when there were posts that I hadn't read in a thread, and when I hit that button it jumped right to the posts I hadn't read.  Any chance of that coming back?  That was a really great feature :)

Beth221

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on January 13, 2008, 10:24 PM NHFT
Change your breasts and I'm telling Kola!

calm down, my boobs have not changed, you just get to look at my bra now!

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Faber on January 13, 2008, 10:43 PM NHFT
There used to be a little blue "new" button next to the title of a thread when there were posts that I hadn't read in a thread, and when I hit that button it jumped right to the posts I hadn't read.  Any chance of that coming back?  That was a really great feature :)

Hmm..I'm seeing the New Buttons.  Perhaps with the move, it lost track of what posts are new for you?   Let me know if it doesn't sort itself out.

Russell Kanning

I see little "new" boxes ... no fancy button

error

The word "New" is there, but the image isn't.

So what's with the new domain name?

JonM

You're probably using a different theme than the board default.  Babylon is missing a few images for example.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: error on January 14, 2008, 08:06 AM NHFT
The word "New" is there, but the image isn't.

So what's with the new domain name?
temporary

J’raxis 270145

For future reference on moving a domain name:—

• Turn the TTL on the current DNS records down to something like five minutes.
  • Wait 24–72 hours for the new DNS records to propagate.
  • Bring up new site.
  • Point DNS records to new IP address, and turn TTL values back up to whatever they were (usually 24–72 hours).
  • Shut down old site. Five minutes later, the new IP address has propagated everywhere.

You probably could have just zipped up your web/home directory, copied it to the new server, and unzipped it there, instead of reinstalling and reconfiguring SMF on the new server. (This of course doesn't apply if your hosting provider isn't giving you command-line access to stuff.)

TackleTheWorld

Formerly I could push the "show" button to see the post of someone on ignore, then the button would say "hide".   I can't see any show or hide buttons anymore.

hwrnhetcxyc

The forum time was an hour behind NHFT but I've fixed it. :)

Faber

I'm using the forum default, Jon.

I see the "New" word there now; it used to be a little image/icon.  The word might have been there the entire time and I just didn't see it :)  Thanks!

TackleTheWorld

The little image/icon was easier to spot in a list than  the text "New".  But at the end of the title row is the old icon for the latest post.  it looks like a turning page with an arrow.  The "New" text takes you to the posts you haven't read yet, the turning page takes you to the last post.   I'd like the image/icon "New" back again.

srqrebel

Not sure if this is already part of the current discussion -- the "new" boxes in the unread posts list have little red "x"s in place of (presumably) an image.  Is there something I can do to get the images to show?

By the way Tackle, your new profile pic is really cool :)

Kat Kanning

We're done roofing now, so I have time to fix the remaining problems.