• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Libertarian Matchmaker

Started by joeyforpresident, June 30, 2005, 02:42 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

CNHT

Hmmm, interesting topic.

I always thought that carbohydrates were the killers for diabetics and for people who can't tolerate them and gain weight on them (me) and that a high protein diet, provided it's lean meat, fish, chicken, etc, is MUCH better for you. At least I know I feel better on that...while bread, pasta, starches, just make me more hungry and have less energy.

(As she munches on a bagel..)

Ron Helwig

Quote from: CNHT on November 03, 2007, 10:33 PM NHFT
Hmmm, interesting topic.

I always thought that carbohydrates were the killers for diabetics and for people who can't tolerate them and gain weight on them (me) and that a high protein diet, provided it's lean meat, fish, chicken, etc, is MUCH better for you. At least I know I feel better on that...while bread, pasta, starches, just make me more hungry and have less energy.

(As she munches on a bagel..)

People do have varying responses to food inputs. I know that too many carbs can be bad for me, but that too many fats is even worse. Being overweight puts lots of stress on various bodily systems that makes diabetes worse. I do know that lots of veggies is good for me.

I think most people don't do enough research to figure out what their own diets should be. By research I don't mean just looking up nutrition facts, but actually testing out foods. Try avoiding or adding just one food for a few weeks and see what effect it has. Anything less than 2 weeks isn't likely to tell you much other than maybe you're allergic  :D

Rochelle

Quotebut at the same time I wouldn't kill or eat the meat from primates, especially the great apes, and cetaceans, as these animals seem to have demonstrated at least a rudimentary degree of sapience
Well, I guess I'll never let you eat any of my monkey brain stew then! Hmpf!

;)

CNHT

I am upset to learn that my favorite fish may have high mercury content even though farmed. I do know that is what keeps my joints younger than most people my age....and I love it..lots of Omega-3.

I guess I'll have to stick with sardines, shrimp, and scallops.

Rochelle

Try flaxseed oil. One tablespoon a day provides you with lots of Omega-3 and Omega-6 goodess!

Pat McCotter

Quote from: Rochelle on November 04, 2007, 01:31 PM NHFT
Try flaxseed oil. One tablespoon a day provides you with lots of Omega-3 and Omega-6 goodess!

Rochelle, your avatar reminded me of the phrase I've seen - Visualize Whirled Peas. ;D

Rochelle

Quote from: Pat McCotter on November 04, 2007, 01:47 PM NHFT
Quote from: Rochelle on November 04, 2007, 01:31 PM NHFT

Rochelle, your avatar reminded me of the phrase I've seen - Visualize Whirled Peas. ;D

What's that mean:P?

CNHT

You know, bumper stickers that say 'Visualize World Peace'? It's making fun of that with 'Visualize Whirled Peas'.

Porcupine_in_MA

I think Rochelle knows it thats why she did the ":p?"   ;)

Beth221

Quote from: CNHT on November 04, 2007, 01:30 PM NHFT
I am upset to learn that my favorite fish may have high mercury content even though farmed. I do know that is what keeps my joints younger than most people my age....and I love it..lots of Omega-3.

I guess I'll have to stick with sardines, shrimp, and scallops.

FARMED is worse for you.  go for any deep sea fish..  farmed means that the fish are kept in close shore nets, where they are raised.  Street run off and such accumulates at the shore and cost line where the fish farms are.  Fish farms may sound good, but only if they were in a building or something, where water could be monitored!     

Deep in the ocean, the water is cleaner and has less of a build up. 

Flax seeds are great, I add them to oatmeal, or yogurt! 

try a organic cod liver oil, salmon oil is good too, and some nuts like almonds have omega's. 

ever try MSM or a chondroiten/ glucosamine mix?  you have to do both, because they work together, alone, they dont do poop for joints. 
http://ww2.arthritis.org/conditions/alttherapies/glucosamine.asp

concerned about heavy metals in your body?  try raw or dried wheat grass, check out the usages:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheatgrass

info about flax seeds, and fatty acids:
# Flaxseed oil (flaxseed oil has the highest linolenic content of any food), flaxseeds, flaxseed meal, hempseed oil, hempseeds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, Brazil nuts, sesame seeds, avocados, some dark leafy green vegetables (kale, spinach, purslane, mustard greens, collards, etc.), canola oil (cold-pressed and unrefined), soybean oil, wheat germ oil, salmon, mackerel, sardines, anchovies, albacore tuna, and others.
# One tablespoon per day of flaxseed oil should provide the recommended daily adult portion of linolenic acid, although "time-released" effects of consuming nuts and other linolenic-rich foods is being studied, and considered more beneficial than a once-daily oil intake.

Oh, pumpkin seeds, (raw if you can stand it! shells off, not fried or cooked, cooking kills!) are high in good oils too!

speaking of Raw foods, I took my dog off kibble completely.  SHe is now eating raw beef, chicken, rabbit, and veggies, and raw bones. 

she would look at the kibble and i would have to flavor it for her to eat it.. but now she is excited about her food!!!  and so far, no more explosion of poops, she has a broken pancreas from 3 lbs of bacon..  she has not been able to digest kibble no matter what brand...  she pooped on my kitchen walls last week! Eww!  I am excited about her raw diet! 

Porcupine_in_MA

Ron Helwig

Quote from: Beth221 on November 04, 2007, 07:18 PM NHFT
Flax seeds are great, I add them to oatmeal, or yogurt! 
Ground flax meal is great in pizza dough.  ;D

ever try MSM or a chondroiten/ glucosamine mix?  you have to do both, because they work together, alone, they dont do poop for joints. 
http://ww2.arthritis.org/conditions/alttherapies/glucosamine.asp
I've had some friends that had good results from this.

speaking of Raw foods, I took my dog off kibble completely.  SHe is now eating raw beef, chicken, rabbit, and veggies, and raw bones. 

she would look at the kibble and i would have to flavor it for her to eat it.. but now she is excited about her food!!!  and so far, no more explosion of poops, she has a broken pancreas from 3 lbs of bacon..  she has not been able to digest kibble no matter what brand...  she pooped on my kitchen walls last week! Eww!  I am excited about her raw diet! 

The dog food you get at grocery stores is junk. Look at the labels and if it has corn in it, you should skip it. When I switched Otis from kibbles and bits to http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/ his doody improved a lot.

RangerProbst

All you single guys should just do what I did, get a smart little hottie and convert her to a Libertarian. I have three daughters that I'm raising to be super Libertarians so hopefully, there will be some Libertarian hotties for your sons in 20 years.

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: RangerProbst on November 04, 2007, 08:41 PM NHFT
All you single guys should just do what I did, get a smart little hottie and convert her to a Libertarian. I have three daughters that I'm raising to be super Libertarians so hopefully, there will be some Libertarian hotties for your sons in 20 years.

Thats what I did..  8)

error

Quote from: RangerProbst on November 04, 2007, 08:41 PM NHFT
All you single guys should just do what I did, get a smart little hottie and convert her to a Libertarian.

A lot of libertarian men have trouble getting the first part done, and part of the reason is that they have way too much practice with the second.