• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Making Statists REALLY Uncomfortable in NH

Started by dalebert, January 15, 2008, 11:22 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

watershed

Those bastards...someone should do something!

MaineShark

Quote from: watershed on January 29, 2008, 02:49 PM NHFTThose bastards...someone should do something!

Easy... eliminate everything except the first five words of the First Amendment.

Problem solved, right? :)

Joe

watershed

the problem with democracy is that in a group, if you have a handful of people with great vision and problem solving skills, and a majority, who is unwilling to be teamplayers because they're afraid of making any descisions (or because of stubborn pride, or ignorance ect) those good resouces go to shit!

Russell Kanning

Quote from: FTL_Ian on January 23, 2008, 12:00 PM NHFT
Quote from: Bald Eagle on January 23, 2008, 07:10 AM NHFT
Planning to be prepared for a disaster is not plotting the disaster itself.

:clap:

your attitude and actions are effected by what you think about

Russell Kanning

Quote from: watershed on January 29, 2008, 02:45 PM NHFT
By being a "GOOD BOYS" we can lower the demand for police officers. Basic economics supply and demand, low crime supply...less police demand! presto-peace on eath!(?)
they are adding more cops to control us not to protect us from crime

Bald Eagle

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 30, 2008, 11:14 AM NHFT
your attitude and actions are effected by what you think about
[/quote]

_A_ffected.

1. If I'm already prepared for an emergency, then I tend not to think about it a whole lot because I'm secure in the knowledge that I'm ahead of the game.

2. If I know that a disaster is closer to probable than being just merely possible, and I haven't prepared for it, I will likely have it on my mind, because I will be worried about not being prepared for it.

I'm way mellower being secure and prepared than if I were unprepared, or if someone were threatening my security. 

People die every single day.  Lots of people.  I don't spend a whole lot of time thinking about it.  If lots of bad people died - let's say in a country that I lived in, or even the same town, I can't really say that I'd give any more of a rat's ass about them than I do about some poor schmuck who just bought the farm in Khazikistan.  People dying doesn't really bother me - it's a natural part of life, and must just be all part of God's plan.  It bothers me a whole lot less when the people doing the dying are fascist tyrants who make good people's lives miserable.  It's not real hard to understand, and I generally don't think about it at all until some fascist tyrant starts doing something that begins to threaten me personally, either directly, or indirectly.

I think the simple fact that some people are still walking this earth unscathed speaks volumes about my judgment and level of restraint. 

dalebert

Quote from: Bald Eagle on January 30, 2008, 01:09 PM NHFT
I think the simple fact that some people are still walking this earth unscathed speaks volumes about my judgment and level of restraint. 

:biglaugh:

Good point!

MaineShark

Quote from: dalebert on January 30, 2008, 01:27 PM NHFT
Quote from: Bald Eagle on January 30, 2008, 01:09 PM NHFTI think the simple fact that some people are still walking this earth unscathed speaks volumes about my judgment and level of restraint. 
:biglaugh:

Good point!

Indeed.  Bill hasn't killed anyone in at least six hours! :)

I still find it amusing that the most heavily-armed place on the planet isn't some daily bloodbath, despite the wishes of pacifists that it become such.

Joe

Lloyd Danforth

I don't think it is as much about wishes than expectations.  Did Bill really say that he is mellow? :o

MaineShark

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on January 30, 2008, 03:45 PM NHFTI don't think it is as much about wishes than expectations.  Did Bill really say that he is mellow? :o

I didn't say all pacifists.  I can think of plenty of "pacifists" who do actually wish that this place would turn into the bloodbath that their pointy little heads imagine that an armed society must be...

And Bill said "mellower" :)

Joe

MaineShark

Quote from: Blackie on January 30, 2008, 03:52 PM NHFT
Quote from: MaineShark on January 30, 2008, 03:28 PM NHFTI still find it amusing that the most heavily-armed place on the planet isn't some daily bloodbath
Where is that?

Lovely NH, last I checked.

Referring to places of appreciable size, of course.  I expect the average police station is more heavily-armed than NH, but that's hardly what was intended by the statement.

Joe

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: MaineShark on January 30, 2008, 03:48 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on January 30, 2008, 03:45 PM NHFTI don't think it is as much about wishes than expectations.  Did Bill really say that he is mellow? :o

I didn't say all pacifists.  I can think of plenty of "pacifists" who do actually wish that this place would turn into the bloodbath that their pointy little heads imagine that an armed society must be...

And Bill said "mellower" :)

Joe

Implies some degree  of mellow during  some amount of time. I'm guessing it is during sleep ;D

MaineShark

Quote from: Blackie on January 30, 2008, 04:25 PM NHFTOK, you are talking about semi-auto firearms.

Armament in general.

Particularly small arms, but I do know someone who owns a AA gun.

Joe

watershed

How could anyone disagree that NH is one of the most peaceful places on earth, that is why you all came!
that is why i refuse to live anywhere else.... OK maybe isolated in the north west but this is my home.