• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Recreational drugs FAR less likely to kill than prescribed drugs!

Started by srqrebel, January 16, 2008, 11:00 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylboz

Quote from: NJLiberty on May 07, 2008, 05:35 PM NHFT
I'm in. I don't see anything harmful in taking a little sulphur, it occurs naturally in any number of foods and is something the body needs anyway. I'll let you all know when my supply arrives.

George

But even the homeopaths agree, there is NO sulfur in there. Apparently only the "memory" of sulfur is enough to trigger the curative immune response, or, in our case, the opposite. We're really playing with fire here! :roll:

PM me and we can talk about how to include you in the blog if you want.

kola

Dylboz,

Don't your scientists and REAL doctors acknowledge and accept the theory of "memory cells" in the human body?

Kola

NJLiberty

I'm willing to take my chances with either trace amounts of sulphur, or the memory of trace amounts of sulphur. Either way I don't see how it could be harmful to a person.

George

Kat Kanning

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on May 07, 2008, 01:57 PM NHFT
Quote from: kola on May 07, 2008, 01:49 PM NHFT
Mackler,

Why even bother with Jraxi? If he had it is way the pharm companies wouldnt have to even "attempt to "test" their products for safety and side effcts. They could just claim his ridiculous  assinine "theory of "innocent until proven guilty."
LOL!

That's right—but that's because I don't believe the State has any business forcing the pharmaceutical manufacturers, or anyone else for that matter, to test their products. You do?

Have to agree with J'rax

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: kola on May 07, 2008, 05:48 PM NHFT
Don't your scientists and REAL doctors acknowledge and accept the theory of "memory cells" in the human body?

Are you saying that the "memory" function of water that homeopaths theorize exists is also the underlying mechanism by which human memory works? That's actually an interesting, and realistic, theory—but as of now there's still no evidence it's true. Scientists have been trying to figure out how human memory works for a long time now, and still don't know. Maybe this is a possibility.

Dylboz

Quote from: kola on May 07, 2008, 05:48 PM NHFT
Dylboz,

Kola

Is there a biological function that retains information? Why yes, but it can be seen. States change. Immunology is one phenomenon of that nature, wherein DNA is coded into antibodies, so the next time a virus with the same DNA comes along, the white blood cells will promptly dispatch it. This is the principal behind inoculation (common, effective practice used even by NA peoples, like sending your kids to play with the neighborhood Chicken Pox victim), and later vaccination. HIV continues to vex because it randomly reassembles it's DNA so often that those "memory cells" can't stay on top of it.

Homeopathy attributes a "memory" phenomenon to water, which is a 3 atom molecule that cannot change it's shape at the molecular level, but due to polarity will form crystals, but these crystals are never the same, hence the old snowflake story. Symmetrical, but never duplicated. In the end, even if it were possible, the fact is that the dilution renders the chances that any molecule in the solution actually came into contact with the so-called active ingredient absolutely nil. 1 with 60 zeros behind it is a whole lot of water molecules to bump into, let alone give your number to. There haven't been that many seconds in the life of the universe yet.

PS - Kola, why do you keep dinging my Karma when I never touch yours? Makes me wanna start smiting...

kola

I will say it again. I know nothing about homeopathy nor do I have much of an interest, Jraxi.

Dylboz, I do not play karma games. (burp!)

otoh, the whole antibody theory is mysterious. Its quite a guessing game and when they "think" they figure something out it later changes and then they are "on to a new discovery".

There are some people who are exposed to a disease/bateria/virus and have symptoms, recover and never show a presence of the antibody. So titre tests are not reliable. Whether it is "proven" or not, memory cells are pretty much accepted by the mainstream medicine experts.(gag)

Kola

Caleb

Quote from: mackler on May 07, 2008, 09:28 AM NHFT
BTW Caleb, I appreciate your willingness to participate in this experiment, but sincerely, if you have arthritis, instead of trying to do something bad to yourself with the wrong remedy, why don't you see a qualified homeopath and take the correct remedy?  If you want to PM me and tell me where you live, I'll see if I can refer you to someone in your area.  That would be a more appropriate test of effectiveness, and less risky for you.

Well, here's the thing, no offense or anything, but I'm putting odds on this helping me at about 1 in 150 billion. Not that I'm not open minded  ;) 

Trust me, I don't like "allopathic" doctors, and usually they don't like me. I have had a) stupid doctors (a rheumatologist who diagnosed me with fibromyalgia....I looked at him with a credulous stare, and said, "so ... how does that explain these joints swelling up), b) dishonest doctors (lying to me about the side effects of drugs,) c) arrogant doctors ("I'll put you on this" my response, "excuse me, you'll `put' me on it? Don't you mean you'll explain to me the pros and cons of taking the medication, and explain the reasons behind your recommendation?" - this from the same doctor who got mad at me because I had the nerve to switch myself from his god-awful prescription NSAID to a prescription dose over the counter NSAID that actually worked and didn't hurt my stomach)  d) a complete moron, "hey, good news, the lab tests came back and you're fine!" "Uh, if I was fine, I wouldn't have come to see your retarded ass, would I?" ok, I didn't actually say that one, but I thought it.  e) and a doctor who thought I needed to be a guinea pig for cancer medication, cause, "it'll knock out your immune system", I said, "great, but how about I just go out and get AIDS? That'll do the same thing, and it'll be more fun.")

I've also taken just about every "natural remedy" possible, not really seriously expecting them to work either, but just out of desperation.

The only thing that I have found that makes a difference is changing my diet. It doesn't "cure" it, but it makes the symptoms less.

I am not overly optimistic about any physician. If I had diabetes or something, I would take the insulin, or something like that where the difference between doing it and not doing it is death. But, for these chronic type stuff, I tend to think that the solution is usually worse than the problem.

mackler

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 07, 2008, 06:49 PM NHFT
Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on May 07, 2008, 01:57 PM NHFT
Mackler,

Why even bother with Jraxi? If he had it is way the pharm companies wouldnt have to even "attempt to "test" their products for safety and side effcts. They could just claim his ridiculous  assinine "theory of "innocent until proven guilty."
LOL!

That's right—but that's because I don't believe the State has any business forcing the pharmaceutical manufacturers, or anyone else for that matter, to test their products. You do?

Have to agree with J'rax

I agree with J'raxis on this one too. If there's a market demand for studies, they'll be done.  The government requirements just drive up costs, prevent low-profit competition, and encourage dishonest reporting.

kola

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: kola on May 07, 2008, 08:48 PM NHFT
i never said the gov should be involved.

Mackler,

LOL!

You're going to try to tell me you have a way to make them have to do testing without force?

Dylboz

Some Homeopaths use the same B.S. machine for diagnosis as $cientologists. The $cientologists call theirs the e-meter. It is exactly the same, though, as the skin galvanometers that Homeopaths use under various names. I did not know this, but I have many times gone after those cultists for their evil exploitation of innocents. Now I understand where L. Ron came up with that shit. He stole it (like he stole everything, somewhere), from the Homeopathic "doctors." See here:

Homeopathy: The Ultimate Fake

As to the title of this thread, well, of course real drugs are FAR more likely to kill, they actually HAVE active ingredients, as opposed to water or lactose.

John Edward Mercier

On the experiment... are you going to use distilled water? I know my water already contains traces of several minerals.

kola