• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Looking to move to Dunbarton/Goffstown

Started by doobie, April 05, 2008, 07:39 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

doobie

I'm currently renting in Derry and have been looking to move to Dunbarton.  Even though I moved from the PCR of MA, I still work there so I need something mostly close to the border.  I've been looking in Dunbarton so that I can have a house that can support my habits, and also be closer to Concord/Manchester in case of problems with the currenty job/job market.  I'd like to stay near the Rt. 3 route to MA as 93/101 will get very clogged up once the widening really begins.

My habits include:
I'd like to be more self-sufficient (garden, maybe some animals)
I'd like to be able to have a 50-100 yard shooting range on my property
I'd like to be able to build a telescope observatory so I can have my telescope setup/aligned so I don't have to waste 1 hour in setup/take down and all
I don't want to look out of my windows and see (into) neighboors houses.

I found a house I like in Dunbarton, but it's up a long steep driveway which would mean in the winter I need a new car with AWD and the gas mileage on those suck compared to my current car (okay close to the same if the labels can be believed and don't need super premium to get).

Anyone have any suggestions?

J’raxis 270145

Welcome to the forum. ;D

(I'm the other guy from Massachusetts you were talking to today at the MVP meeting.)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: doobie on April 05, 2008, 07:39 AM NHFT
I'm currently renting in Derry and have been looking to move to Dunbarton.  Even though I moved from the PCR of MA, I still work there so I need something mostly close to the border.  I've been looking in Dunbarton so that I can have a house that can support my habits, and also be closer to Concord/Manchester in case of problems with the currenty job/job market.  I'd like to stay near the Rt. 3 route to MA as 93/101 will get very clogged up once the widening really begins.

My habits include:
I'd like to be able to build a telescope observatory so I can have my telescope setup/aligned so I don't have to waste 1 hour in setup/take down and all

I found a house I like in Dunbarton, but it's up a long steep driveway which would mean in the winter I need a new car with AWD and the gas mileage on those suck compared to my current car (okay close to the same if the labels can be believed and don't need super premium to get).

Try to join this:Simone Barry (via MLSpulse)" <simonebarry@remax.net>.  If you email her and tell her you want to join, (it's free),you will get a password and these are the same listings, same time, that the real estate office gets. :)

By the way I love your user id!  8)

doobie

Quote from: raineyrocks on April 05, 2008, 03:55 PM NHFT

My habits include:

Try to join this:Simone Barry (via MLSpulse)" <simonebarry@remax.net>.  If you email her and tell her you want to join, (it's free),you will get a password and these are the same listings, same time, that the real estate office gets. :)

I'm working with a realtor now and have access to MLSPulse; I figured I'd try to get some ideas from other Free Staters since I'm new to living in New Hampshire. 

Thanks, I've had the nickname since 3rd grade (but not for the plant reasons).

Raineyrocks

Quote from: doobie on April 05, 2008, 04:02 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on April 05, 2008, 03:55 PM NHFT

My habits include:

I'm working with a realtor now and have access to MLSPulse; I figured I'd try to get some ideas from other Free Staters since I'm new to living in New Hampshire. 

Thanks, I've had the nickname since 3rd grade (but not for the plant reasons).

Oh, okay!  Your welcome! :D