• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Building Mark's House

Started by Tom Sawyer, January 18, 2008, 11:42 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

newbie...   :D

They covered the cement forms with hay bails and a tarp while running a 150,000 btu heater under the tarp.

KBCraig

Not to mention, curing concrete generates heat of its own.

They won't pour concrete in Texas when it's below freezing, but winter doesn't stop construction in NH. I'm sure there's some lower limit, but they seem to pour concrete no matter how cold it gets.

David

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on January 28, 2008, 05:16 PM NHFT
newbie...   :D

They covered the cement forms with hay bails and a tarp while running a 150,000 btu heater under the tarp.
They won't pour cement in ohio under freezing either, but the heater ought to do it.   :)

Lloyd Danforth

I think they add glycol or something to the cement mix.

Dan

Beth and I have been in NH for 8 days.... and had NO IDEA this was going on.  I would love to help, and Daisy would love to roam, out there.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Mark_FTL on January 24, 2008, 09:01 PM NHFT
And now I have insurance for the project, so if they get injured I don't have to shoot them and bury them out back.
mark is trying to make our backwoodsmen all city-fied

Russell Kanning

I like the bigger sticks look.

Mark_FTL

Jim and Roger are there everyday that the weather is reasonably clear from 8:45ish to 3:30ish. I am there on Fridays, Saturdays, and Mondays. You and Daisy are welcome. We pretty much have any tool you might need.

MengerFan

Quote from: Mark_FTL on January 30, 2008, 08:53 AM NHFT
Jim and Roger are there everyday that the weather is reasonably clear from 8:45ish to 3:30ish. I am there on Fridays, Saturdays, and Mondays. You and Daisy are welcome. We pretty much have any tool you might need.

Careful, or you'll have ladies lining up for the chance to use your tool.

Beth221

Quote from: Mark_FTL on January 30, 2008, 08:53 AM NHFT

I am heading back to RI tonight or tomorrow, but I dont know about Dan, i suppose I can pick him up next week.

Oh, and btw, i have my own TOOL. 

We will be back again maybe in a week or two, to sign a lease agreement for a apartment! 

So we will be over to help!

David

Mark can loan out the craftsmens', but his main tool is taken by a lovely and currently pregnant soon to be mother.  As for Beth having her OWN tool, hmmm, I'll have to wrap my brain around that one. 

Lloyd Danforth

Beth221

my tool is in concord helping with the ballot recount!

he is MINE, ladies and gents, get your own TOOL!

Jim Johnson

Enough about Ms. 221's tool...sounds like a challenge to me anyway.    ;D

If people would like to come out and help Sunday, it will be in the high 30's and partly sunny.
I'll set up a BBQ grill.

Bring a hammer...and drinkables of your choice.

Let me know if you can come, 239-8506...and if you need directions.

10:00am till 3:00pm Sunday, Feb. 3rd, 2008.

Kat Kanning

Facilitator is only 2/3 antichrist  :)