• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell

Started by ancapagency, January 19, 2008, 12:10 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

ancapagency

Who on here has read this book?  If you have read it, and would like to discuss it, drop me a line.  If you haven't read it, I recommend that you do so (I have a copy I can loan out if you're interested).  I think there are some important and useful pieces on information in this book for the Freedom Movement.

Kat Kanning

There's a copy at my place in Keene on my desk, too, if anyone wants to read it.  Russell read it.  It sounds really interesting, but I haven't read it yet.

mappchik

Listened to the audiobook a year or so ago. Was very good. I don't know that it's changed the way I look at the world, but it has definitely made me more aware of how perception can be swayed by media, especially by those few "cool" celebrities.

There are probably several areas where lessons from the book would come in handy, but I'm not there yet, and I'd probably have to read (listen) to it again before carrying on any sort of sensible conversation.

SamIam

I listened to his audiobook "Blink" and found a fascinating view into human behavior, body language, and micro facial expressions. In that book he used historical police encounters as case studies, so it was useful on may levels. Thanks for the heads up, I'll put the tipping point on my list.