• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Help Moving to Keene - CANCELLED

Started by dalebert, January 20, 2008, 07:04 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

I've got a room on a month-to-month basis so I figured I would live in a Keene for a few months and see what it's like. This is very non-committal.

Anyway, I didn't actually need or ask for any help moving when I came to NH because I just had a VW Beetle full of stuph. My roommates at the time helped me carry a few things in. I still helped with several moving parties, and now I could use a little help, but I don't need much. I have just a couple of small pieces of furniture that won't fit in my car and frankly, my car was jam packed with stuph for the trip up and I have a few more things since then. Basically, if someone with a van or a truck is willing to make a trip from Manchester to Keene with me, I could fill your tank up for you. One van or truck would be more than enough space for my needs. If some people wanted to come help unpack, it would be insanely fast and we could have a little move-in party. There's nothing particularly heavy and it's just one room of stuph and a few items in the basement. If you're not close to Keene or if you're working, there's just no need for you to go out of your way for it. Basically just show up if you want to enjoy some beer and pizza and socialize.

I have a place to move to now so I can be flexible, so if you have a truck or a van and are willing to help, you can pretty much pick when works for you.

UPDATE: I've reconsidered my move to Keene for now. I feel like I should take a little more time to explore the seacoast region while I'm still kind of centrally located. Also, I'm meeting some people in Boston right now and I don't want to get further away just yet.

Kat Kanning

Cool :)  When is it you're moving?

dalebert

Quote from: Kat Kanning on January 20, 2008, 07:55 PM NHFT
Cool :)  When is it you're moving?

Quote from: dalebert on January 20, 2008, 07:04 PM NHFT
I have a place to move to now so I can be flexible, so if you have a truck or a van and are willing to help, you can pretty much pick when works for you.

:duh:

J’raxis 270145

If whoever has a truck picks a weekend, or any day after 2008-02-01, I can help out with the move and unpacking.

Puke

I have my small truck.
I recall that you said you have a mattress and a desk or two.
My truck won't hold a mattress, I've done that before and it doesn't work.
But I could probably fit the desk.

srqrebel

I am available with my truck on any morning, up till 2:30PM, seven days a week.

dalebert

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on January 21, 2008, 04:25 AM NHFT
If whoever has a truck picks a weekend, or any day after 2008-02-01, I can help out with the move and unpacking.

I really appreciate the thought, but there's really no need for you going all the way out to Keene unless you just want to visit Keene anyway. It's just not much stuph. It might make more sense to help me pack/load in Manchester and Keene people can help unload.

dalebert

I've reconsidered my move to Keene for now. I feel like I should take a little more time to explore the seacoast region while I'm still kind of centrally located. Also, I'm meeting some people in Boston right now and I don't want to get further away just yet.

Kat Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

FTL_Ian

Quote from: dalebert on January 22, 2008, 08:08 PM NHFT
I've reconsidered my move to Keene for now. I feel like I should take a little more time to explore the seacoast region while I'm still kind of centrally located. Also, I'm meeting some people in Boston right now and I don't want to get further away just yet.

Good idea... save Keene for last.  It will make it easier if you decide to stay.   ;)

David

I want people to move to Keene, but I don't want to pressure you to move if you are not comfortable.   :)

dalebert

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on January 22, 2008, 08:32 PM NHFT
Keene
Seabrook
Keene
Seabrook!

Well, better to do my flip-flopping now before I've inconvenienced a bunch of people to help me move.  ;D

KBCraig

Quote from: dalebert on January 23, 2008, 12:09 AM NHFT
Well, better to do my flip-flopping now before I've inconvenienced a bunch of people to help me move.  ;D

Funny... Romney is doing his flip-flopping now to try to convince a bunch of people to help him move.  ;)

Sorry for the political intrusion, the parallel was just too obvious.  ;D

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: dalebert on January 22, 2008, 08:08 PM NHFT

Tease!  ;D