• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Souter's home to be taken?

Started by jgmaynard, June 28, 2005, 12:20 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Fisher

The primary argument against the Clements/CNHT land grab is that it will set a precedent that can reach back to ourselves.

This was my sign at the anti-eminent domain protest:

"Protect even your enemy from oppression."
-Thomas Paine

I respect you, Jane, but because of your methods of change, protesting against Clements and CNHT's land grab = protesting against eminent domain.? It is as clear as day.? Your methods are wrong.

Answer me this:? Why didn't you INSTEAD try to get a warrant article to severely restrict eminent domain in Weare?
Why? ???

Because you want revenge?
Because you think eminent domain is funny when used against your enemies, because they use it, too?

What about ZAP?
What about nonviolence?
What about forgiveness?
What about the golden rule?

Michael Fisher

AlanM

agree with Mke. Eminent Domain is wrong. Period. It is wrong for ANYONE to use it.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on December 11, 2005, 08:57 PM NHFT
The primary argument against the Clements/CNHT land grab is that it will set a precedent that can reach back to ourselves.
What about ZAP?

I think what Clements is doing follows ZAP.  Scouter attacked Clements and all Americans.  1000s of Americans are fighting back.  I disagree with that CNHT is doing because they are trying to expand the government and create a park that will continue to drain funds from Weare (whereas, the Clements plan will help Weare taxpayers).

AlanM

Quote from: TN-FSP on December 11, 2005, 09:07 PM NHFT
What about ZAP?

I think what Clements is doing follows ZAP.? Scouter attacked Clements and all Americans.? 1000s of Americans are fighting back.? I disagree with that CNHT is doing because they are trying to expand the government and create a park that will continue to drain funds from Weare (whereas, the Clements plan will help Weare taxpayers).

So it was okay for the NY Times to use ED for their new building? Funny, but they used the same argument. It is better for the tax-payers.

AlanM

The Supreme Court is taking no ones property. What they said was that it is up to the States to decide if ED shall be allowed.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: AlanM on December 11, 2005, 09:10 PM NHFT
What about ZAP?

I think what Clements is doing follows ZAP.? Scouter attacked Clements and all Americans.? 1000s of Americans are fighting back.? I disagree with that CNHT is doing because they are trying to expand the government and create a park that will continue to drain funds from Weare (whereas, the Clements plan will help Weare taxpayers).

So it was okay for the NY Times to use ED for their new building? Funny, but they used the same argument. It is better for the tax-payers.

No.  I think that Clements is doing is following ZAP, so I support him.  I just compared the Clements and CNHT below that to explain what I think they main differences are b/t the two land grabs.

AlanM

But TN-FSP, the Supreme Court is taking no one's property, so your ZAP argument doesn't hold water. Clements is the clear aggressor.

CNHT

This was my sign at the anti-eminent domain protest:

"Protect even your enemy from oppression."
-Thomas Paine

I respect you, Jane, but because of your methods of change, protesting against Clements and CNHT's land grab = protesting against eminent domain.? It is as clear as day.? Your methods are wrong.

Answer me this:? Why didn't you INSTEAD try to get a warrant article to severely restrict eminent domain in Weare?
Why? ???

Because you want revenge?
Because you think eminent domain is funny when used against your enemies, because they use it, too?

What about ZAP?
What about nonviolence?
What about forgiveness?
What about the golden rule?

First of all I object to it being called a "land grab" on CNHT's part since CNHT is not doing it and the results would go to the townspeople not to CNHT.
I can't get past that.
Clements on the other hand, wants this land for himself.

AlanM

Jane, from Souter's perspective it is a land grab no matter who winds up with it.
Eminent Domain is stealing. If someone steals your car and leaves behind a check, it doesn't matter, it is still stealing.

CNHT

What about ZAP?

Wow you have that backward! The park is a private foundation that will help Weare and will have NOTHING TO DO WITH GOVERNMENT!
You at this point don't even know what you are talking about because you haven't read up on the procedures or the process either.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: AlanM on December 11, 2005, 09:21 PM NHFT
But TN-FSP, the Supreme Court is taking no one's property, so your ZAP argument doesn't hold water. Clements is the clear aggressor.

Then we disagree on this, because I think they violated ZAP. ?They swore that they would never vote to allow property to be taken without just pay and that is what New London is doing. ?They then said that what New London is doing is not against the Constitution. ?This is a lie, goes against what they stand for, should force everyone that voted for it to resign, and is a clear violation of the Constitution, IMHO. ?As a member of the Army, I have swore to protect the Constitution and so I must oppose this SCOTUS finding and search for some legal way to punish all of the Justices that voted for it.

CNHT

Quote from: AlanM on December 11, 2005, 09:33 PM NHFT
Jane, from Souter's perspective it is a land grab no matter who winds up with it.
Eminent Domain is stealing. If someone steals your car and leaves behind a check, it doesn't matter, it is still stealing.

Whatever, the whole premise that 'CNHT IS DOING IT' is wrong. It's the people of Weare who are 'doing it'.

AlanM

Quote from: CNHT on December 11, 2005, 09:37 PM NHFT
Quote from: AlanM on December 11, 2005, 09:33 PM NHFT

Whatever, the whole premise that 'CNHT IS DOING IT' is wrong. It's the people of Weare who are 'doing it'.

I am merely responding to your arguments. If the folks in Weare vote to take Souter's home, they are wrong.

KBCraig

Quote from: CNHT on December 11, 2005, 09:37 PM NHFT

It sure does get tiresome hearing you claim credit for CNHT while simultaneously disavowing any responsibility.