• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Harley-Davidson 105th Anniversary Concert in Milwaukee, looks great!

Started by Raineyrocks, January 27, 2008, 07:56 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ

Hmmm Kola I grew up in a biker family with many members working at or for Harley in Milwaukee.  After years of block parties and numerous rallies I've attended I have never met such an arrogant biker as you portend to be.  What are you actually angry at? 

kola

not anger... more of disgust.

I'm disgusted at "wannabe bikers" who buy Harleys.,,their clueless...they're riding harleys but aint living the lifestyle..but the worse thing is they are riding on the coat-tails of guys like me who made bikers a  badass bunch of mofo's. We were brothers and sisters who would die for each other. AND, we did not do any of it to "be cool". We did it because we loved the lifestyle and rebelled against the mainstream style of life. RIDE FREE OR DIE used to mean something.

I am talking hardcore stuff here, clubhouses, chapters. sister chapters, wearing colors, initiations, drugs, gun runnning, rivalries gangs etc.  I am not talking piss-ant HOG chapters and geeks in trimmed beards and new leathers drinking 2% alcohol beer.

IMO [ REAL "bikers" ] is (or should I say) WAS a lifestyle.,, a way of life. Harleys were just a small part of it.   

Its now a bastardized version... which bothers me.

What is YOUR definition of "biker family"?

Kola

yonder

Some people want to live in their 1%'er three-patch brotherhood fantasy land.

Other people want to ride a nice motorcycle.

JJ

Quote from: kola on February 11, 2008, 03:52 PM NHFT
not anger... more of disgust.

I'm disgusted at "wannabe bikers" who buy Harleys.,,their clueless...they're riding harleys but aint living the lifestyle..but the worse thing is they are riding on the coat-tails of guys like me who made bikers a  badass bunch of mofo's. We were brothers and sisters who would die for each other. AND, we did not do any of it to "be cool". We did it because we loved the lifestyle and rebelled against the mainstream style of life. RIDE FREE OR DIE used to mean something.

I am talking hardcore stuff here, clubhouses, chapters. sister chapters, wearing colors, initiations, drugs, gun runnning, rivalries gangs etc.  I am not talking piss-ant HOG chapters and geeks in trimmed beards and new leathers drinking 2% alcohol beer.

IMO [ REAL "bikers" ] is (or should I say) WAS a lifestyle.,, a way of life. Harleys were just a small part of it.   

Its now a bastardized version... which bothers me.

What is YOUR definition of "biker family"?

Kola

Everything "cool" gets bastardized in some way, thats life. 

As far as my family is concerned they lived to ride and did a great deal of it.  My uncle was the first commissioned sales rep for Harley Davidson and when he wasn't selling bikes he was riding across the US or Europe.  My cousins pursued the more Hardcore route and payed the price with hard time.  My father, uncles, aunts and neighbors were more laid back in their commitment but overall in Milwaukee the whole gang thing never really took off like in other places.  The fact that harsh winters limited travel and fun likely had a part to play.  Many still rode their bikes in the winter but a couple spills can add up to costly repair or medical bills.

The prevailing attitude was one of not caring about what other people though of their lifestyle.  The last thing they would do is waste time bitching about what someone else was doing, they had been on the receiving end of that stick enough to know it not cool, besides they would rather spend time enjoying life not worrying about how other people are enjoying life.

I understand your disgust in a way but your pissing on those who would be your friends.

kola

sometimes telling the truth ain't always pleasant.

thats life.

Kola

JJ

KBCraig