• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Open Carry Hampton Beach Clean Up Saturday April 26th

Started by doobie, March 23, 2008, 05:32 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

doobie

I am working to organize an open carry beach clean up at Hampton Beach on April 26th (April 27th if bad weather) on NorthEastShooters.com and am extending the invitation here.

Anyone interested?

dalebert

I'm going to try to go. I'm already in the meetup group so I'll RSVP there.

Dave Ridley

i'm sure folks without weps are welcome

i like the idea of having a spare cheapo bb gun or two that can be lent out in circumstances like this

beretta92d

just so people know,it's still on.

Quote from: doobieI contacted NH State Parks to determine if we need a permit for liter cleanup. They said no and that we'd be welcome to clean up liter. I omitted the fact we were looking to do the liter clean up while OC'ing. Will post more details once they are available (at least a week in advance I hope).

doobie

Yeap, we're still on.  I'm still working out the details of where to meet.  I'll probably pick a letter (the roads perpendicular to the ocean are lettered) and say I'll be parking near that letter and to find the people with garbage bags.

I'm bringing a broom as well so in case the walkways are full of sand near the beach we can sweep it for better handicap access.

If anyone wants to carpool from the Derry area, please let me know.

doobie

OK, for everyone still interested, I plan on parking my car and trying to have as many people meet in the parking lot of the beach. I'm going to park my car (....) in the main parking lot around A, B, or C St. (The roads perpendicular to the beach are lettered).

If anyone wants to carpool from the Derry, NH area please let me know.

I'll have between 20 and 50 garbage bags and a broom.  I'm bringing a broom so we can brush sand off walkways to help the handicap.  I'll be wearing a 5.11 Tactical Hat and a Red backpack if you are looking for us (or just look for the people carrying side-arms).

Dave Ridley

Video: NorthEastShooters.com to perform armed litter pickup

On April 26, trash-affected Hampton Beach is set to get a makeover from the open-carry activists at NorthEastShooters.com.   And maybe their presence will deter a crime or two...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ue7uvsUeQC0

freedominnh

Volunteers pick up trash on the beach every single day of the year.

Dave Ridley

from northeastshooters.com

<< Where
We're going to meet up around the A/B/C Street areas of the beach parking lot. You can find me with a 5.11 Tactical Hat, Red Backpack. I'll be there between 9:45 and 10. I'll wait around my car (Silver Mercedes with RKBA in the license plates) for people to show up.

I'm bringing a broom so we can brush sand off walkways to help the handicap.

Time
10am-2pm >>

doobie

Quote from: freedominnh on April 25, 2008, 04:15 PM NHFT
Volunteers pick up trash on the beach every single day of the year.

Today we were armed :)

Here's my report:

I was a little disappointed I don't think anyone from NH Underground showed up.  Or we missed each other...

But, myself and 4 others (Mike,Matt,Cindy,Matt) had a shoot-out on Hampton Beach with litter.  10 bags of litter lost their easy, relaxing lives on the beach and should be on the way to a landfill (not that I think a landfill is a better place for it, but that's another story).  We also picked up numerous pieces of wood for housing (frames of stairs, etc), 3 boxes of fireworks (used).  I had many people thank us for picking up litter.  One little old lady came up to me and said, "Thank you, I wish there were more people like you picking up litter."  My response was something along the lines of "If everyone picked up 10 pieces of trash the beach would be so much cleaner.

I was semi-disappoint by the lack of people showing up.  If we had 15-20 we could have cleaned the entire beach.  I'd say we did a really good job cleaning up about 1/4-1/3 the beach. 

I had a single encounter with a GFW (as No Looking Backwards called it), it went something like this (please note due to the wind I had a hard time figuring out what he was really asking).

Him: "What are you doing?"
Me: "Picking up trash."
Him: "What is that on your belt?"
Me: "A Sig 239."
Him: "A what?"
Me: "A sig 239."
Him: "Isn't that a gun?"
Me: "Yeah."
Him: "Why do you have it?"
Me: "I always carry it around in NH."
Him: "Just don't shoot me with it."
Me: "I don't plan to shoot anyone so long as they aren't attacking me."
Him: "I'm just laying here and I'm not attacking you."

And I walked away after that.

I walked around Hampton after we were done and had many double-takes and people staring.  I had a good time.  A little sunburn, but it was good....until I walked back to some of the areas that were cleaned up and found litter all over the place.  NH Parks should post signs "Pack out your trash.  $100 fine for leaving trash."  And they should give tickets. 

I counted at least 10 police cruisers driving by and the officers inside looking in the direction we were walking. 

I do recount one van of people with MA plates on who saw me and looked freaked out when they looked my direction.

It was very good fun, and I will possibly try for another clean-up come the end of the season or perhaps in another location during the spring/summer/fall.

Some pictures here: http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35570, but not of us cleaning up.