• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

What are the small things that you love most about NH

Started by watershed, January 30, 2008, 09:33 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

watershed

It seems that we have everything in NH, mountains, lakes, coastline, international border, but these are small compaired to other states. A good life is about the little things that we may reflect on from time to time and we all have our favorites...whats yours?

kola

I do not live in NH but sure would love lobster once a week. The lobster here sucks...its not fresh enough.

watershed

When I was 15 I worked the summer with my uncle on a lobster boat and I must say that its the hardest fastest, riskiest  job Ive ever had....and I was a paratrooper!

Lloyd Danforth

I'll bet you were in great shape after that summer.  Just being on a boat develops torso muscles as your body resists the rolling.  Working while resisting rolling really does a job on your upper body.
I helped a friend with a feeble lobster operation one summer on Long Island sound.  He had an 18 foot aluminum cabin cruiser, although, it had a good engine and a winch.  I didn't loose much weight due to being paid in lobster, but, I found a few muscles I didn't know I had.  His looking around for rocks to drop the pots in, instead of dropping them in a straight line drove me nuts. Someone was stealing his pots or cutting the bouy lines, which could have gotten them killed in Maine. A few weeks after I'd had enough, he got caught with 23 out of 25 short lobsters. I had never touched the gauge and it was his license anyway.

Kola.
In early 1991 I was living in Southwest Harbor, Maine.  Lobster was a little over 2 bucks a pound.  The following summer I was living in Bullhead city, AZ.  But, behold!
Around the corner was a seafood restaurant specializing in Maine Lobster that they had swimming around in a tank just as fresh as could be for about 10 bucks a pound.

watershed

The competition was (is) emense lots of cut lines and flaring tempers.
I lost afriend last year off the coast of Maine while shrimping he was a 24 yr old captain.

kola

fisherman.

Isn't it the most dangerous profession.

Kola

watershed

i actually thought of taking an off season and go to Alaska for king crab...try to make the DEADLIEST CATCH.
But my wife said no!

watershed

One small thing i noticed today... when i saw a dad goofing off with his kids in the grocery store, dancing around trying to embarrass them....I do the same exact thing:)

Lloyd Danforth

I can't believe 'lovely breasts' isn't getting more votes

Puke

Beth221

well, thanks for including MY breasts in the poll!   >:D

malcolm

Considering my current residence is in The Land Of Milk And Silicone (Scottsdale, AZ), I just had to vote for "Lovely Breasts".  Boob jobs look to me like bad after-market parts, like a big racing spoiler on a big, old Ford Taurus.

During my visit in November, I liked both what I saw, and what I DIDN'T see.  God, I need to move!

watershed

Wait until the old Quebec ladies with the Saggie Maggies @ Hampton beach this summer.