• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Launching the Juror's Rights Wookiee

Started by Dave Ridley, January 31, 2008, 09:16 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

I'm thinking of finally launching my "Jurors May Overrule Judges" demonstrations outside Hillsborough Superior Court in Manchester.   We're probably looking at  a monday or a friday so as not to interfere with legislative hearings...weather will have to be fairly good as I will deploy the wookiee costume.   I may only be able to do it a few times because it takes away from my time doing reports.  It would be nice to have someone else who can do them when i can't.

What confuses me is this:  I'm not sure what time the prospective jurors usually show up and whether they pour in every weekday morning.   Also, I'd like your advice:

Should my sign say "Jurors May Overrule Judges" or should it say "Jurors May Judge the Law"
either way it will have FIJA.org  at the bottom.

i also need FIJA literature.  Anybody got some I can use?   actually i myself may not have much luck handing it out what with the wookiee suit and all

Ideally, I will have someone with me who can video tape or hand out literature. 

The goal here is not to trigger an arrest but to inform a large number of citizens about their nullification rights.  So I'll be on the sidewalk, not on courthouse property.  If I am interfered with substantially on the sidewallk, then civil disobedience will become an option and we can return in force and perform the perfect peaceable deed.

Ron Helwig

FTL_Ian

Handy trifold brochure:
http://www.fija.org/docs/true_or_false_new.pdf

A quick call to the court reveals jury selection is every other week.  Upcoming dates:   2/4, 2/19, 3/3, 3/17

The clerk says that jurors must be there by 8:30 a.m., so if you're there between 8 and 8:30, you should be able to get most all of them.

Just to make sure we are on the same page, the court that I called was this one:

Hillsborough County Superior Court North
300 Chestnut Street
Manchester, NH 03101
Phone : (603) 669-7410

FTL_Ian

When the Wookie is ready to come to Keene, here are the details:

Cheshire Superior Court
12 Court Street
Keene, NH 03431-0444
Phone : (603) 352-6902

Jury selection here happens once a month on the first Monday of each month: 2/4, 3/3, 4/7.  Jurors must report by 8:30 a.m.

If you do it here, I will definitely attend.   I love this outreach.  8)

SamIam

Hey Guys, I have the 200+ tri-folds from my trip to the courthouse printed on nice paper, folded, and ready to go! Want me to mail them to Mark or someone?

TackleTheWorld

Is that the "true or false" brochure or a different one, Sam?

SamIam

Yes they are the Newer True or False with the Statue of Liberty. Want em? :)

TackleTheWorld

Yeah, can you please send a stack?
PMing you the address.

Kat Kanning

I think "Jurors May Overrule Judges" makes the strongest statement.

ReverendRyan

TackleTheWorld

They won't tell you
Juries May Overrule Judges

Dave Ridley

if someone could mail me about 50 within the next week i would appreciate... PM me and I'll send you the best addie

feralfae

Ahem,
FIJA national office is HAPPY, Delighted, pleased, to send you literature, posters, bumper stickers.  If you don't have any funds to order from the web page, PM me and I can work something out with one of our sponsors to get stuff to you.  We actually do have a fund for that!
feralfae