• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Living in Manchester With No Car

Started by mackler, February 03, 2008, 09:01 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

iluvsushi

I've been wondering about this, too.  I'm considering moving to NH (Nashua or Manchester) and public transportation is a big consideration.  I was thinking that the bus schedules didn't look too bad until I noticed that neither had service on Sunday at all.   :(  Not sure I could live with that.  Still, I suppose there is always taxi.  Can anybody comment about taxi service in Manchester?  Also wondering what happens if you need to transfer from one bus line to another.  Do you pay again?  Do you have to wait an unreasonably long time in the bitter cold for the connection?

Beth221

i see taxi's all over.  I have a car, but I also have a dog, and we have walked all over manchester since we moved.  My neighbor below me, uses a taxi, and there are bus stops everywhere! 

dalebert

If you make a point to live near the main strip, you can probably walk a lot. I did when I was there, but I didn't have a job. The main bus terminal that goes to the other cities and Boston is near there too.

Kat Kanning

Manchester doesn't seem too big to walk around most of it.

iluvsushi

Great.  Thanks for all your input, everyone.