• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

DDR at Porc Fest?

Started by sandm000, February 04, 2008, 12:29 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Landon Jeffery

I love DDR!  I am really excited to kick all of yalls butts.  jk  but I thought this would be funny enjoy

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/20948.html

I am castro in this flick.

dalebert

That's awesome! I love Robot Chicken!

Beth221

bak bak bak
bak bak baaak
baak baak bak-a-baak
bak bak bakkkkkkk!

i loves robot chicken too. 

Fluff and Stuff

It looks like I will not be able to do this at Porcfest...but, could you also bring it to Burning Porcupine Festival?  I'm sure someone will have a TV at Burning Porcupine Festival and it would be great fun.  Because we will have more time on our hands, you could even let people like me that have never done DDR practice :)

sandm000

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

I am now in possession of a 32" TV which is perfect for DDR competitions

The event is to be held at the Main Lodge from 1-3 pm on Saturday the 14th,

I may have something setup early on Saturday for some practice or all around fun.

Is there any interest in FreeStyle competition? I don't have the skills, but others might.

/also, "Bump"

firecracker joe

i have access to a projector that ps2 or any video can be plugged into and put on a wall or screen. as big as you want if you are interested i could bring it to porcfest as long as it was taken good care of as it is not mine

sandm000

I had another offer for a projector, but I had to turn it down as the lumens put out by one of those things just isn't able to compete with the lighting in the arcade, which I don't know if I'll have the ability to turn down.

dalebert

Pat K

Friday

I'm still baffled as to how DDR works.  How do you "win"?  I watched one of the videos, and it just seems to be a guy hopping around while music plays.  Are you supposed to put your foot where the light is?  Or imitate what's appearing on the video screen?   :dontknow:

Kat Kanning

That put Twinkle-Toes Johnson to shame!

Friday, you're supposed to do the steps as they tell you on the screen, only it's really fast :)

sandm000

It's about fun, it's not necessarily about winning.  Although there is a scoring system, therefore the higher score wins. It's basically determined by how close you get to being on the actual beat. The further from the beat your step is, the less points you get. 

How to score DDR