• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

"Bill to Prohibit Guns at State House Draws Fire"

Started by BaneOfTheBeast, February 06, 2008, 12:49 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

BaneOfTheBeast

Bill to Prohibit Guns at State House Draws Fire
"A plan to make it a felony for anybody but on-duty law enforcement officers to carry a weapon at the State House is facing stiff resistance. State gun groups have the proposal in their cross-hairs, and the politically-charged issue is leaving top House Democrats feeling a bit gun-shy."

Heard this on NHPR this morning. They claim "a threatening phone call from an Ed and Elaine Brown supporter; a wrathful outburst in the house gallery by a pro-life activist; and most decisively, by the mass shootings that took place last year at Virginia Tech" is the reason they need to take "proactive measures".

http://www.nhpr.org/node/15095

AntonLee

I wish I could hire a thug to shoot the guy with a cap gun just to scare the shit out of him.

BaneOfTheBeast

Why? To give them credibility and incentive to enforce the bill?
Doesn't really sound like a good idea...

grasshopper

I swear to protect and defend the Constitution of the Sovern State of New Hampshire.....
   The assholes behind this bill should be arrested! 

AntonLee

Quote from: BaneOfTheBeast on February 06, 2008, 01:43 PM NHFT
Why? To give them credibility and incentive to enforce the bill?
Doesn't really sound like a good idea...

I know it's not a good idea but like I said 'I wish I could" . . . hence meaning I wouldn't be able to, but I wish that in some alternate universe I could just to scare the shit out of the rep.

grasshopper

Who knows how to draw up a petition?  I say lets petition to have him arrested, write it up all legal n stuff.

Porcupine_in_MA

I just wish New Hampshire had the same gun freedom as Vermont does. Surprised it doesn't actually.

KBCraig

Quote from: Porcupine_in_NH on February 09, 2008, 07:57 PM NHFT
I just wish New Hampshire had the same gun freedom as Vermont does. Surprised it doesn't actually.

Vermont has restrictions that NH doesn't, like schools, and also lacks a strong statewide preemption.

FTL_Ian

If the law passes, it would be a perfect opportunity for civil disobedience.  Of course you can't count on most gun owners to participate as many of them consider themselves "law-abiding".   ::)

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: KBCraig on February 10, 2008, 01:57 PM NHFT
Vermont has restrictions that NH doesn't, like schools, and also lacks a strong statewide preemption.

I'm well aware of that. Notice I said "gun freedom". NH is quite a bit more free than Vermont in other ways.