• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Giving NH a Reputation: bumper stickers

Started by jcchriste, February 07, 2008, 12:22 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jcchriste

This idea came to be when thinking about the thread regarding scaring away statists in NH by giving NH a reputation for being a libertarian /  liberty activist state. Some things, like the open carry events already do that. I had the idea that bumper stickers, liberty oriented with a NH/Porc focus would be another way, relatively easy way, to earn and spread that reputation, perception is everything.

I've looked at options for making bumper stickers, I know a couple people who work for companies that may be able to make bumper stickers, and I've also looked at some online custom bumper sticker sites. In all cases, bumper stickers are cheaper when ordered in bulk. My intent is to come up with a few designs and order the bulk, then sell them as cheaply as I can (pretty much just to cover my costs in ordering them).

However, I do not want to be the proud owner of some 500 custom bumper stickers, as I only have the one car and am not even in NH yet, so I want to determine if there is interest in people in having some NH-Freedom bumper stickers. If there is, I'll start working on getting some designs together and start the process. I'll probably take the idea over to the NHLA eventually as well, to see if there's interest over there.

error

Shuvom sells a wide selection of freedom oriented bumper stickers.

Kat Kanning

jcchriste

I've seen Liberty Stickers, I don't know about Shuvom's stickers.

My idea, for which Liberty Sticker's pre-existing stickers are not optimal, was to have NH specific stickers, mostly things that might be appealing to NH residents at large as well as Porcs (I'm guessing some less radical or more specific stickers, like a "low taxes" message would appeal to the general population) to help give NH a reputation.

dalebert

Quote from: jcchriste on February 07, 2008, 05:54 PM NHFT
I've seen Liberty Stickers, I don't know about Shuvom's stickers.

My idea, for which Liberty Sticker's pre-existing stickers are not optimal, was to have NH specific stickers, mostly things that might be appealing to NH residents at large as well as Porcs (I'm guessing some less radical or more specific stickers, like a "low taxes" message would appeal to the general population) to help give NH a reputation.

I like this idea, particularly about associating it with the state. If you're actually talking about establishing a reputation though, a stronger message is is probably in order than "low taxes"; more like "taxes = theft". People already have bumper stickers so I think the key is about the tie-in with NH and having a common message seen more and more often.

jcchriste

Well, yes I'd agree that a stronger message is in order. I'd also think that it might be a good idea to have some strong ones like "Taxes = Theft" as well as something like "NH: where taxes fly south" that might have a wider appeal, having the advantage of maybe spreading the message as well as more bumper stickers means more reputation. I'd probably start small, with the stronger Porc messages, then spread into the wider appeal stuff.

Like I said, most of this is at the first planning stage and may not even get further, so I'm open to all ideas, suggestions, and criticisms.

Kat Kanning

We're doing our part...our vehicles are covered with liberty stickers  :D

Jacobus

Good, I need a new bumper sticker to cover up my existing Ron Paul one  ;D

Just the act of having a bumper sticker next to a New Hampshire license plate will help with the association.  I'm not sure if I need a sticker that has NH references explicitly in it.  (Of course, actually moving to NH would help too). 

I also like just having a single bumper sticker on my car.  It makes that one sticker powerful.  Sort of like how that that last usage of "powerful" is more powerful than if I were to say "it makes that one sticker very very very very very powerful".

rowland

Bumper stickers are too hard to read. I put a big sign on the back of my car. Home made with white construction paper, Sharpie pens, stencils and transparent packing tape to hold it on and waterproof it.

I change the sign from time to time to focus on a current issue. And I always have a Website named on it.

It's quite a conversation starter.