• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

CNHT E-blast 7/3/05

Started by Dave Ridley, July 03, 2005, 10:55 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

Greetings: This E-Blast is the property of The Coalition of NH Taxpayers and is sent to taxpayer activists all over NH and the US. Members feel free to forward to your lists.

Happy Independence Day! Here is one way CNHT is celebrating:

We the undersigned voters of the Town of Weare petition the town to place in the next annual town warrant the following:

To see if the voters of Weare will vote to take by eminent domain a certain parcel of land consisting of 8.08 acres located on Cilley Rd, Map 406 parcel #21, also known as the Souter Property, for the creation of a public park dedicated to honor the New Hampshire and US Constitutions or take any action related there to.

Name                                         Address                                                              Phone

Currently we are gathering many more than the required signatures (25 is all we need out of 8,500 Weare residents) and will present the petition to the Weare Board of Selectmen as soon as that is done. We believe we are on solid ground with the petition and will have this question on the March ballot. If you know anyone in Weare please urge them to sign on. CNHT has worked with Weare voters in the past and they are a very thoughtful group. This is a once in a lifetime chance to pit local patriots against Washington elitists. CNHT is proud to have the chance to work with Weare voters and all our NH citizens who CHERISH property rights.

Weare has had a significant shake-up in town employees recently. The only truly stable department seems to be that of the Police who CNHT helped change to an elected Police Chief position with a warrant article last year. And the prophets of doom said it could not work.

Our CNHT Independence day Cookout is THIS SATURDAY July 9 at the Hopkinton State Fairgrounds, Exit # 7 off I-89 follow the signs. Tickets are $10 now $15 the day of the event. They can be purchased on our web site at www.cnht.org or call me at 464-0288 - Jim Powell at 948-2228 - Joan Fulton at 424-5487.

By the time of the cookout we will have a second petition to our State Legislature to create a Constitution Park. Any NH voter can sign that. And according to Assistant AG Bud Fitch's ever changing definition of "domicile" it appears anyone who in "their mind believes they are a NH resident on that day" may sign as well. Just reporting what we learn from Election Law Committee hearings!

Breaking News! State Rep. James Wheeler has filed a legal challenge in Hillsborough Superior Court to the Hillsborough County Delegation spending $77 million dollars without a required quorum of members (again)! Some one had to have the integrity. A copy will be posted on our site under "captured documents."

CNHT was at the Hopkinton taxpayers meeting last Tuesday with Rep. Stretch Kennedy. Good diligent group. They may have some assessing issues. Stay tuned.

The state budgets HB1 and HB2 sailed through the House last Wednesday. Many taxes did not have public hearings as required by law. Spending is still going up in a soon to be unstoppable fashion; as the plan seems to be. So obviously the RINO Republican leadership and the Democrat Reps. who elected them are pleased. Lynch is on the sidelines signing whatever they put before him because he has no choice. And Lynch's extra rosy revenue estimates he based his failed budget on are not to be talked about. Shhhhhhhhh! You may be confused by the vote on this budget because some of our conservative Reps. voted against the state budget because it was too high. Liberal Knee-jerk spenders voted no so they could spend more if it was opened up again. This will probably be the wave of the future if we do not get more taxpayer-friendly citizens elected.

Manchester's taxpayer group, Concerned Taxpayers of Manchester are getting signatures for a SPENDING CAP. ABOUT TIME!

Laconia is doing the same with a TAX CAP spurred on by Niel Young of WEZS Radio.

Don't cry for the Concord City Council for not getting pay raises. Several are now on the Concord Community TV Board with hefty salaries. Just a few years ago CCTV used to operate for about $70,000 per year now hey have found a way to spend $220,000 per year. Most of this is done by no-bid closed door contracts.

All hail State Rep Fran Wendleboe for finding a hidden $11 million in the state budget AFTER all the "experts" were finished creating it. Sounds like a school budget doesn't it?

One of our best guys, Paul Sepe of Lancaster is angling for an internship with Americans For Tax Reform to serve concurrently with a project he has going down there. Good luck Paul!

Merrimack is in the frightful position of having a Charter Commission in place to draft a "final nail" in the Merrimack taxpayers coffin built by education failure Ken Coleman of the Merrimack School Board. Let's hope the voters there don't fall for this scheme to take voters rights away. I think they are doing this solely to take attention away from what Coleman has done to the school which is now on the state's failed list.

Bedford! "You Build The Big Box School - You Get The Big Box Stores."  Last year this time 39 homes sold - this year 7. People must be staying in Bedford because they want to pay double the taxes. Or is it that no one wants to buy?

More later

Ed Naile

Chair CNHT

Michael Fisher

Quote from: DadaOrwell on July 03, 2005, 10:55 AM NHFT
Happy Independence Day! Here is one way CNHT is celebrating:

We the undersigned voters of the Town of Weare petition the town to place in the next annual town warrant the following:

? ?To see if the voters of Weare will vote to take by eminent domain a certain parcel of land consisting of 8.08 acres located on Cilley Rd, Map 406 parcel #21, also known as the Souter Property, for the creation of a public park dedicated to honor the New Hampshire and US Constitutions or take any action related there to.

Name? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Address? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Phone

? ?Currently we are gathering many more than the required signatures (25 is all we need out of 8,500 Weare residents) and will present the petition to the Weare Board of Selectmen as soon as that is done. We believe we are on solid ground with the petition and will have this question on the March ballot. If you know anyone in Weare please urge them to sign on. CNHT has worked with Weare voters in the past and they are a very thoughtful group. This is a once in a lifetime chance to pit local patriots against Washington elitists. CNHT is proud to have the chance to work with Weare voters and all our NH citizens who CHERISH property rights.

Argh.

CNHT has informed me that petitioning for this warrant article to take Souter's home has been completed.  The voters of Weare will decide in March whether or not they want to take Souter's home for a public park. :(

If I had known it was this easy for CNHT to pull off, I would have fasted weeks ago.  I have to think of a way to stop this.

Kat Kanning

Mike, for Sunday's protest, will you be there?  I'll make a sign that says "Even Souter needs protection" and stand with you.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: katdillon on July 13, 2005, 04:33 PM NHFT
Mike, for Sunday's protest, will you be there?? I'll make a sign that says "Even Souter needs protection" and stand with you.

I will be there.  Thank you very much.  :)

Kat Kanning

I like scaring Souter, but hate the idea of his house really being taken.

Michael Fisher

I have an idea!   :o

In my opinion, if CNHT cares about liberty, they should gather petitions for ANOTHER warrant article, this time attempting to BAN eminent domain in the town of Weare.  This will nullify any attempt, by anyone, to take Souter's home by eminent domain.

I'm considering a fast in support of an effort to get eminent domain banned in Weare.

Kat Kanning

Well, there's no way I'm joining you in a fast!!   :o

Michael Fisher

It is quite political, so I'm not sure if I want to go through with this, but if CNHT can get this on the March ballot, eminent domain will probably be banned by the voters. ?This will stop Clements' hotel, CNHT's park, and anyone else who tries to take revenge against Souter.

It will also be very newsworthy because a supreme court justice's town will ban eminent domain after that ruling.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: katdillon on July 13, 2005, 04:33 PM NHFT
Mike, for Sunday's protest, will you be there?? I'll make a sign that says "Even Souter needs protection" and stand with you.
I can have the "eminent domain abuse" sign :)

Michael Fisher

We met Gary Hooper today, the Weare local that did the petitioning for CNHT.? (I believe this was his name.)

I asked him why CNHT didn't just do a petition to severely restrict the use of eminent domain by mandating some type of supermajority vote so eminent domain is not used in town unless absolutely necessary.

His reply was, "that's a good idea, why don't you do it?"? He also argued in favor of eminent domain, saying it was necessary in certain circumstances for the public good.

CNHT's actions are symbolic.? To me, it feels like CNHT, Gary, and the other 98% of Americans supporting this, want revenge in the name of liberty, but do not want liberty.

If they wanted liberty, they'd focus primarily on working to restrict eminent domain.

tracysaboe

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on July 13, 2005, 04:48 PM NHFT
I have an idea!   :o

In my opinion, if CNHT cares about liberty, they should gather petitions for ANOTHER warrant article, this time attempting to BAN eminent domain in the town of Weare.  This will nullify any attempt, by anyone, to take Souter's home by eminent domain.

I'm considering a fast in support of an effort to get eminent domain banned in Weare.

Sounds good. Ban eminent domain in the town of Wear.

Once that's done, their really isn't anything to take revenge on him FOR because, at least everybody in that town will be secure in their property.

Tracy

tracysaboe

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on July 17, 2005, 04:53 PM NHFT
We met Gary Hooper today, the Weare local that did the petitioning for CNHT.  (I believe this was his name.)

CNHT's actions are symbolic.  To me, it feels like CNHT, Gary, and the other 98% of Americans supporting this, want revenge in the name of liberty, but do not want liberty.

If they wanted liberty, they'd focus primarily on working to restrict eminent domain.

Agreed, but I'm still confused about the "revenge for what?" part. Souter didn't force the local city in New London to try to steal people's property. and in fact, it's possible they sitll might not succeded as the State legislature is passing a moritoriam against all eminent domain in the state untill they can sort out all the conflicting statutes. Other states and local governments are already thumbing their nose at the supremes.

I'm sorry, taking revenge on this person is pointless. He's just not that powerfull to be responcible for all the emminent domain siezers that might (might) start happening now.

Tracy