• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Yeah, sometimes I pine for a cloud in the sky

Started by Caleb, February 10, 2008, 07:09 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Caleb

I get so sick of it being 75 and beautiful out all the time.  ;D

So how's the weather back home?

Jim Johnson

At least you know where home is.   :)

How's the sunburn coming?   ;D

Pat K

Quote from: Caleb on February 10, 2008, 07:09 PM NHFT
I get so sick of it being 75 and beautiful out all the time.  ;D

So how's the weather back home?

Yeah well be sure to write us after your first Earth Quake,
after you change your pants.

Tom Sawyer

Yeah wait till this summer when the air is yellow.

Russell Kanning

the air is always bad .... except for the few rainy days .... wait until summer ... then you reeeaaally pine for a cloud in the sky :)

dalebert

I had 8 years of that weather. There's a different kind of stormy weather in CA. Today clumps of snow the size of silver dollars were falling. So far, I'm liking it a lot better here. :)

kola

Caleb

For like the past two weeks, all the smog has been gone. It has been in the 70's every day, not a cloud in the sky. Snow capped Mount Baldy at 100% visibility. I'm just enjoying it while it lasts.

Puke

Kat Kanning

8 degrees and windy...feels like -4.  You're missing the fun, Caleb!  :D

srqrebel

To put things in perspective, I have been sleeping in my covered pickup bed with no heat except body heat, and been sleeping comfy all winter.  To my own surprise, I can truly say I've been enjoying it -- at the very least it totally reinforces my confidence in my basic survival capacity :)

In another sense, this winter has been rather disappointing.  I was bracing myself for lows of around 20 below for weeks on end -- and the coldest I've seen yet has been 10 below, on two separate occasions :(

Its all in how you choose to look at it! ;D 8)

Caleb

dalebert

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 11, 2008, 06:36 AM NHFT
8 degrees and windy...feels like -4.  You're missing the fun, Caleb!  :D

Really? It's been a warm day here and really clear and sunny. I think it was above freezing. I'm surprised there's that much of a difference between there and here. I've been running the heat kinda low so it won't dry out the air too much and I've gotten pretty comfortable at about 62 degrees.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Caleb on February 10, 2008, 11:53 PM NHFT
For like the past two weeks, all the smog has been gone. It has been in the 70's every day, not a cloud in the sky. Snow capped Mount Baldy at 100% visibility. I'm just enjoying it while it lasts.

Two weeks of clean air...  good for you.  :clap:

I suffered the scent of a snowmobile twice this year.

Russell Kanning