• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Summer Rentals

Started by mappchik, February 11, 2008, 10:38 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

mappchik

Hi there. We've been toying with the idea of spending 4-6 weeks of the summer in NH this year.
In looking for a vacation rental, most of what I can find for the summer is beach or winnipesaukee, and through agencies. That's a bit out of our price range. Anybody know of a good starting point for finding less typical summer locations?

Time frame is June, possibly with a week or two of July.
We're not looking for waterfront - did enough June swimming in NH last year (brrrr).
We'd be happy being close (driving is fine) to parks for normal outdoorsy stuff.
With internet. That's important, as Matt will need to do some telecommuting.

Lactivist

I was looking at house rentals and came across the following site:
http://www.nhliving.com/realestate/sunapee.shtml
You can search vacation rentals all over the state from that website.

I know you said you didn't want/need water/lake-side, but it looks like Sunappee has some very affordable rentals.  I'm not very familiar with that area, as we are in Manchester (and only as of October 2006).  Hope this helps a little!

Russell Kanning

near ski resorts might work well ... I bet you could find a nice place in the Sunapee area ... away from a lake ... that would be reasonable and still in the beautiful woods. :)