• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Paul calling for march on Washington

Started by picaro, February 12, 2008, 08:45 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

picaro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryMliyeIDp4

An event like this would be a good place to market the benefits of the "Free" State.

June 21st looks to be the tentative date.

Kat Kanning

kola

2 things are obvious:

one..the elites/msm will not allow RP to make a serious presence...even if there is/was one.

two...almost ALL amerikans are just too fuckin stupid.

I am very disappointed in "people"..young and old.
Kola

John

picaro

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 12, 2008, 11:09 AM NHFT
Paul who?

I don't know... Is he an entertainer on one of those televised singing competitions?

A march on Washington would take place after the primaries.   It would be a good opportunity to demonstrate how many of us are disenchanted with the national government.  Realizing that many anti-political types aren't hugely evangelical, this could still be a good opportunity to advance your views among disappointed political types attending the march.

kola

QuoteIt would be a good opportunity to demonstrate how many of us are disenchanted with the national government.

yeah..maybe we could get a thousand people.  ::)

a march in the streets? "Big police state" would lick their chops at that idea.

holed up,
Kola

picaro

Paul rallies in Philly drew 5,000+ people.

I'd rather peacefully resist than remain afraid and irrelevant.   Silent acceptance gives them cover and legitimacy.

Action is transformative.  IMO, this event is more for the participants than the potential spectators.

MobileDigit

Quote from: kola on February 12, 2008, 11:25 AM NHFT
one..the elites/msm will not allow RP to make a serious presence...even if there is/was one.

The media only cares about it being entertaining. If the march makes for good news, it will be on the media.

As far as the elites go, they are supposedly made up of many different industries, right? So they too greatly benefit by government ending. Finally they will be able to make billions and billions of dollars improving our lives.

I totally disagree. If you told every person you knew about Ron Paul, I bet most would be convinced of liberty given enough time. It's the right theory, it makes sense, so people inevitably grasp it. Those that don't won't be around in the next generation after anarchy has taken hold.

Most people are reasonable, they just take varying amounts of time to learn that anarcho-capitalism really is the best way to organize society.

Quote from: picaro on February 12, 2008, 12:33 PM NHFT
Paul rallies in Philly drew 5,000+ people.

Wow, this is great news then. If even a percentage have the ability and desire to move to NH, this is great news for the FSP.

I'd rather peacefully resist than remain afraid and irrelevant.   Silent acceptance gives them cover and legitimacy.

Showing that liberty lovers don't need to be in the closet is vital to our success.

Action is transformative.  IMO, this event is more for the participants than the potential spectators.

Everyone benefits, just like in a totally free market!

kola

QuoteThe media only cares about it being entertaining. If the march makes for good news, it will be on the media.

You dont understand.

The media is controlled by the elites.

kola

QuoteAs far as the elites go, they are supposedly made up of many different industries, right? So they too greatly benefit by government ending. Finally they will be able to make billions and billions of dollars improving our lives

improving OUR lives? are you serious??

buying a plasma TV on a credit card is not "improving our lives"

BTW its not about money.,,,its about control.

Russell Kanning

Kola
so are you going to march?

kola

Quote from: Russell Kanning on February 12, 2008, 06:21 PM NHFT

Kola
so are you going to march?

At least in the sixties, almost every single college kid had some balls and protested....what are they doing now?

even at my young age (many moons ago) I participated in war protests and we had organized "sit ins" in school where many of us walked out of class and sat in the hallways and refused to move.   

If this "march" even happens..I will be there. Has it even been confirmed?

How about you Russell?

Kola

Russell Kanning

penguins4me

A march solely in D.C. is a silly idea, in my opinion. I certainly won't be there, as it would involve days of driving (I refuse to fly), hundreds of dollars which could be better spent or donated, etc.

Nationwide local marches on city halls would seem like a better idea, except for the matter of the MSM not being likely to take note.

Eli

I've participated in a number of marches in DC(some 5000+.)  The media rarely mentions them, always picks the least coherent person available to represent them, and always underreports the numbers.  But picaro is right, action is transformative, for the individual.  Just don't expect it to transform anyone or anything else.

That said, I live easy driving distance (35min) from DC.  If anyone decides to come down I can offer crash space, or lunch.