• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Paul calling for march on Washington

Started by picaro, February 12, 2008, 08:45 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

kola

imo it would be more effective to have city marches on the same day.

make sure you wear your best face as your picture will be taken and filed in your spyfile datbase by the local nazis.

kola

Eli

I've never hidden my face.  I marched with black block types, I wasn't one of them.

picaro

From what I've heard from others, Washington is well prepared for marchers.  You can expect to be herded like cattle through crowd control barriers and a heavy  police presence.  At one anti-war march on the capitol a NPR reporter was roughed up by police.   If you have a camera expect it to be targeted and smashed by police. 

A national march on a different target (of perhaps historical significance) might have better results.

dalebert

picaro

There is more power in socially organized masses on the march than there is in guns in the hands of a few desperate men. Our enemies would prefer to deal with a small armed group than with a huge, unarmed but resolute mass of people.
--Martin Luther King

srqrebel

Quote from: picaro on February 15, 2008, 09:32 AM NHFT
There is more power in socially organized masses on the march than there is in guns in the hands of a few desperate men. Our enemies would prefer to deal with a small armed group than with a huge, unarmed but resolute mass of people.
--Martin Luther King

...and far greater power in individuals everywhere outright rejecting the notion of "external authority" that underpins the Authoritarian Model Of Government.

Appeal to the AMOG, and you enslave yourself deeper regardless of intent.

Withdraw yourself from the AMOG, and direct your appeal solely at the masses, and you begin to move decisively in the direction of freedom.
---

So no thank you, I won't be in Washington appealing to the AMOG for my salvation.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: picaro on February 15, 2008, 09:32 AM NHFT
--Martin Luther King

Nice quote.  What is the purpose of the march?

kola

The pupose?
Ron Paul said he wants to see just how many people are REALLY behind him.

Even if people want to attend, many cant' afford to take time off work and/or do not have the money to make the trip. Some would have to drive/fly 3000 miles. We have all been so bound by their slavery that it makes it difficult to miss a days pay. Who has a savings account anymore? Not many.

I think Ron Pauls weakest link is his campaign staff. I am all for the march and I will be there if it all goes down. But I am 99% sure it will be re-routed very quickly (and blocaded) by the goons and then turned into a riot situation by agent provocateurs.

On the upside, it may be a great piece of history... maybe end up like Ohio State U in the 60's with deaths and bloodshed. Sometimes thats what it takes to awaken the sheeple. Its hard to sweep dead bodies and blood under the carpets.

Kola

FTL_Ian

I predict this march will do a whole lot of nothing.

picaro

What is the purpose of the march?

The purpose has not been fully articulated.   Any march should be about more than just Ron Paul and his campaign.   In the past, RP has put emphasis on the idea of liberty and de-emphasized his cult of personality.

picaro

I predict this march will do a whole lot of nothing.

Most marches don't achieve anything external except a slightly larger profile in the public consciousness.  Civil rights marches went on for years without incident.

However, you should not overlook the internal changes to the activists themselves.  This experience, like mountain climbing, could be enhanced by its difficulty and expense.   The opportunity to for fond memories, good stories, and adventure should not be neglected.   

Washington may be the wrong place for such a march.   Libertarians may be the wrong people to march.  They are better practiced at nihilism and pointless  contrarianism  than taking affirmative stands. 

Under the right conditions, mass public demonstrations have sparked off sweeping changes.   I'd rather march than forever ponder whether the pre-conditions for change have been met.    Hell, I've got nothing else planned for that Saturday afternoon.

Tom Sawyer

Kat Kanning

Quote from: picaro on February 15, 2008, 01:22 PM NHFT
 In the past, RP has put emphasis on the idea of liberty and de-emphasized his cult of personality.

That would be cool :)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: kola on February 15, 2008, 12:59 PM NHFT
The pupose?
Ron Paul said he wants to see just how many people are REALLY behind him.

Even if people want to attend, many cant' afford to take time off work and/or do not have the money to make the trip. Some would have to drive/fly 3000 miles. We have all been so bound by their slavery that it makes it difficult to miss a days pay. Who has a savings account anymore? Not many.

I think Ron Pauls weakest link is his campaign staff. I am all for the march and I will be there if it all goes down. But I am 99% sure it will be re-routed very quickly (and blocaded) by the goons and then turned into a riot situation by agent provocateurs.

On the upside, it may be a great piece of history... maybe end up like Ohio State U in the 60's with deaths and bloodshed. Sometimes thats what it takes to awaken the sheeple. Its hard to sweep dead bodies and blood under the carpets.

Kola

DC is probably the safest city for such an event. They are used to having half a million + on the mall. The powers that be will not be interested in any "spectacles".