• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I have a question about the yearly evaluations when homeschooling

Started by Raineyrocks, February 13, 2008, 12:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

I signed up with Tri-City not the school board so do I call Tri City for the evaluation?    When is a good time to start worrying about the evaluation?

Kat Kanning

No, you wouldn't necessarily have Tri-City do the evaluation, though it's possible you could.  I hired a lady who was an ex-schoolteacher turned homeschooler :)

Here's some info and a list of people willing to do it:
http://www.nhhomeschooling.org/evaluators.htm

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 13, 2008, 12:26 PM NHFT
No, you wouldn't necessarily have Tri-City do the evaluation, though it's possible you could.  I hired a lady who was an ex-schoolteacher turned homeschooler :)

Goody!  Thanks Kat! :)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 13, 2008, 12:26 PM NHFT

Kat, it's me again.  I just went to that website and there is no one near me so I'm not sure what to do.  What is this that I found on the website?

The PASS test was developed specifically for homeschoolers. Parents administer the untimed test (math, reading and language sections) at home; no degree required. Results returned in 2-3 weeks show your child's overall achievement and include suggestions for reaching goals in each assessment area.

Does that mean I can order a test that they can do at home and I mail it back to be corrected?  I just don't understand because if I wanted to couldn't I help them with the questions?  It seems to easy of a method of evaluating their progress, doesn't it ?

Kat Kanning

Yes, that's the way you'd do it.  Yes, you could cheat.  The one time Kira did it, I was curious to see how she's doing, so didn't help her with it.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 06, 2008, 06:57 AM NHFT
Yes, that's the way you'd do it.  Yes, you could cheat.  The one time Kira did it, I was curious to see how she's doing, so didn't help her with it.

Thanks, it does seem like a messed way of doing it if whoever really wanted to see the kid's true progress, doesn't it?  So if  public school kept Ricky back in 3rd grade I would order a 3rd grade test, right?  I have the letter of his being held back signed by the vice principal so I'm not worried if the Board of Ed wants to mess with me.

I don't think I'll help him with his test because I really want to see his progress or lack of too.  I guess because he's registered with Tri City they would get the test results, right?  Do they have the same authority as the Board of Ed to request Ricky goes back to public school?

Thanks Kat!   Let's get together soon and have a goof off day, I need it and you probably do too! :D