• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Polar Bear Swim! on YouTube!

Started by dalebert, February 13, 2008, 08:14 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

Polar Bear Swim!

Saturday, February 23, 2008 at 12:00 PM

Details here:
http://libertyforum.meetup.com/5/calendar/7300917/

UPDATE 2/24:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFCeW3roqls

TackleTheWorld

Polar Bear swim!  I've been looking for a local Polar Bear Group.  If I can make it I will definitely take the plunge.

ReverendRyan

Most of us new movers are still getting used to the neverending winter here to begin with, and you expect us to plunge into ice cold water too? You are now certifiably insane.

Tom Sawyer

dalebert

TackleTheWorld

Dang, I can't be there.  How about another on Jan 1, like normal polar bears. 

dalebert

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on February 18, 2008, 11:29 AM NHFT
Dang, I can't be there.  How about another on Jan 1, like normal polar bears. 

Next year?

David

Quote from: ReverendRyan on February 14, 2008, 02:53 AM NHFT
Most of us new movers are still getting used to the neverending winter here to begin with, and you expect us to plunge into ice cold water too? You are now certifiably insane.
Correction, the winter does end,....just not as soon as elsewhere.   ;D  I won't argue with you that Dale is certifiably insane, much anyway. 

Beth221

Ye all be wimps for not jumping into the icy waters of New Hampshire!!   :icon_pirat:

dalebert

We're in desperate need of a ridleographer for this event. Dave said he won't be there.

dalebert

Just bumping this thread as a reminder. It takes place tomorrow and we need someone to film it for YouTube.

Lloyd Danforth

You could suffer' shrinkage' that you may never recover from ;D

dalebert

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on February 22, 2008, 04:56 PM NHFT
You could suffer' shrinkage' that you may never recover from ;D

I think my penis is cuddling up next to a kidney or something, but I'm expecting it to return sometime before Porcfest.

Actually, the swim was cake. My only problem was with being barefoot in the snow. I literally could not feel my feet. There was just a shock of pain from about the ankle down. Everybody was complaining about their feet. I was in a hurry to get back to my jacket that was laid out on the snow so I could dry my feet and get them warm again. Once I dried them and put on my flip flops, I was doing just fine. I dried myself off and was standing in mid-30s weather in just flip flops and a wet swim suit and was fine.

Pat K

;D  I have truly fallen in among crazy folk.

Puke