• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Polar Bear Swim! on YouTube!

Started by dalebert, February 13, 2008, 08:14 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

There will be video. Not sure how good it will turn out. It wasn't a proper video camera. More like a digital camera that can do some video. I think it could be a fun promotional video for FSP on YouTube, particularly if they edit well and add some cute music.

Caleb

And they call me crazy.  ;)  Well, at least you didn't go into shock. Sometimes I used to go into a mild shock when Dada would leave the little shower plunger thingey up so that the shower would come on immediately (before I had time to warm the water up.) I always used to plot his death by torture when he would do that. Cold water makes my heart hurt. You are insane. But you are alive, and that's all that matters.

Kat Kanning

dalebert

TackleTheWorld

Polar bears triumph!  with a time of 15 seconds in the water - a new record!
Anyone interested in another swim on Jan 1?

Puke

ancapagency

<----Newly certified in Wilderness First Aid

HYPOTHERMIA IS BAD, M'KAY

dalebert

Quote from: ancapagency on February 24, 2008, 10:26 AM NHFT
<----Newly certified in Wilderness First Aid

HYPOTHERMIA IS BAD, M'KAY

Someone said it takes about 15 minutes to risk hypothermia at those temperatures. I wouldn't dare come close to that but I was thinking maybe 3 mins is a pretty safe margin. I can say after doing it that there was no risk of hypothermia for what we did, at least not for me and my metabolism. Other than my feet hurting, I was comfortably warm again in moments.

Pat K

dalebert

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on February 24, 2008, 09:40 AM NHFT
Anyone interested in another swim on Jan 1?

Oh Hells yeah! Why are we waiting so long? March is supposed to have even colder water. Actually, I think the seacoast group is planning another one in March.

TackleTheWorld

Kat Kanning

WTH?  You guys didn't even bother swimming.  Wusses. :)

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: dalebert on February 23, 2008, 09:01 PM NHFT
I think it could be a fun promotional video for FSP on YouTube, particularly if they edit well and add some cute music.

Trying to balance it out after the jello wrestling video, eh?

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Caleb on February 23, 2008, 11:44 PM NHFT
And they call me crazy.

I thought they were calling you a communist... ;)

error

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on February 25, 2008, 04:12 AM NHFT
Quote from: dalebert on February 23, 2008, 09:01 PM NHFT
I think it could be a fun promotional video for FSP on YouTube, particularly if they edit well and add some cute music.

Trying to balance it out after the jello wrestling video, eh?

If I'd seen a polar bear swim BEFORE I signed up, I probably wouldn't be here right now.