• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Juror's Rights Wookiee to demonstrate outside courthouse 2/19

Started by Dave Ridley, February 14, 2008, 01:59 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

OK... as it stands currently, Juror's Rights Wookiee will be active, in Manchester Feb 19.

What:  Fully informed jury event featuring Juror's Rights Wookie
Where:  Sidewalk outside Hillsborough Superior Court, 300 Chestnut Street, Manchester New Hampshire
When:  Tue Feb 19  7:45 am. - 8:45 a.m.
Why:  Inform prospective jurors of their right to nullify, to judge the law as well as the facts of a case

I do not need a big crowd just a couple people to videotape and pass out leaflets.  This is the day and time when prospective jurors enter the building in good numbers.   Ideally, it would be nice to have something like this every two weeks at the courthouse; they do jury selection every two weeks.   But I won't always be available.

So I would like like to request volunteers who can wear the wookiee costume or otherwise carry out these FIJA demonstrations when I'm unavailable. 

For now I'm thinking my sign will read:

Jurors may
Judge the Law
FIJA.org

with a smaller quote reading

""It is not only (a juror's) right but also his duty... to find the verdict according to his own best understanding, judgment, and conscience, though in direct opposition to the direction of the court."
  - President John Adams

feralfae

Bravo!
(feralfae tosses fairy dust all over DadaOrwell)

***.**...***....****.**..***..*

...what do you think of the sign saying      jurors MUST judge the law?

I just though of this one below today, hoping to find a use for it:

Strike a blow for Justice: Be a juror!

www.fija.org.

;D ;D

Good on you!  I hope lots of people show up to help, witness, and smile with you.
feralfae

J’raxis 270145

I'm not getting in the costume but I can be there to help out with handing out leaflets. ;D

feralfae

Ahem,
FIJA national office is HAPPY, Delighted, pleased, to send you literature, posters, bumper stickers.  If you don't have any funds to order from the web page, PM me and I can work something out with one of our sponsors to get stuff to you.  We actually do have a fund for that!
feralfae

Russell Kanning

Free libertarian

Thank you for helping to inform jurors.     

There is another important event going on 2/19/08
in Concord.  At 1:00 pm there will be a hearing concerning a house resolution to impeach President Bush
and his sidekick Cheney.   I think it's in room 305.  To find out more google New Hampshire impeachment...this one could be interesting.   I may try to get there from Grafton to attend this one.

Kat Kanning

FTL_Ian

Kat Kanning

Good :)  There were 4 people and 1 wookie.  Lots of people took the FIJA brochure (including Shuvom :) )  Security in the building looked perturbed but didn't hassle us.  One bureaucrat lady came out of the courthouse and requested a pamphlet, which we gave her.  One guy who looked like a cop out of uniform questioned Lauren what sort of trial was going on and she said she didn't know.  (I think he was looking to hassle her about jury tampering.)  Pictures soon.

Kat Kanning

Pat K

feralfae

Russell Kanning

Kat Kanning

http://nhunderground.com/NHFreePress/

There's the partial article.  I screwed up several of the domain names trying to point newhamsphirefreepress.com there.  It'll take a day to sort it all out.

Russell Kanning

could you wear a sign that says "rebel alliance" or "join the rebel alliance" around your neck all the time Dada?