• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Juror's Rights Wookiee to demonstrate outside courthouse 2/19

Started by Dave Ridley, February 14, 2008, 01:59 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

TackleTheWorld

Beth221

yarr, me be a pirate rebel!!!  Anyone see a ninja around these parts? :icon_pirat:

Free libertarian

Thank you Wookie for doing a good deed.  Does anybody know if there are any cases that were
heard in relatively recent times where the jury or a juror used the FIJA info to decide on the verdict?
  The concept of trial by a jury of your peers should remain timeless, keep the Wookie well fed, he needs to keep up his good work.

Also...is anyone  interested in collaborating on putting a bill together for NH to ensure Jurors are "fully informed"?   Or is this bill already sponsored and being worked on?  Continued informing of jurors through the Wookie and activism is good...if it could become "law" that judges must inform jurors ala FIJA well that would
be even better...     

Kat Kanning

Dave Ridley

the last attempt a jury notification law was last year.   it could be done again in 2009.   i think to improve passage it could be eased up so that it simply allows defense attorneys / witnesses / average citizens to inform the jurors.   Or forbids the judge from restricting jury nullification info.

better if the law does not trust the judge to "inform the jury," but rather trusts you, me and/or the defense.

Free libertarian

Right... better if the law allows someone other than judge to do the informing, I stand corrected.
Must have been a Caffeine deciency this morning that caused my momentary lack of judgement.

feralfae

In response to a question raised here, FIJA has been involved in a number of cases where educating the jury pool - through literature hand-outs, ads in local newspapers, radio interviews, letters to the editor and TV interviews, as well as PSAs on TV and radio, and playing FIJA videos on local community stations, and having some of our FIJA people giving talks to local groups -- and the press coverage on these events - has educated enough people for many cases to be won.
It is a great time to be gleefully tossing ideas into the heads of people - so many are looking for a way to make a difference, and so many are beyond ready to jump in and DO something. 
We get calls every day, every night, emails all the time from people who want to get involved in educating jurors.  It is totally great!
Any literature, and help we can give from the national office, let us know.
You can call the 800-TEL-JURY number or email us at aji@fija.org, and someone will get back to you ASAP.
It is great and fun and beautiful all that is going on in NH.  If I weren't loving Montana and Alaska so much - and people in those places, I'd be out there with you.  As it is, I spend long visits with you in spirit whenever I can.
{{{hugs}}} to you all, and lots of fairy dust, too.
ff

FTL_Ian

You have some sort of introductory video?  I would love to air that our local cable access channel.

feralfae

Gosh, yes!
We have a few!  Check in the Supply Shop on our web site at www.fija.org, and if you don't have any funds for a purchase, email me at aji@fija.org, mention this forum and let me know what you need and where to send it.   :clapping:
We have PSAs as well - you will see them on the web site.
bff

feralfae

AND!!!
There is an entire series of answers to questions about jury and jury duty on videojug.com - just type in a search for jury duty, or FIJA, and you will get to all the neat question and answer videos starring yours truly.
bff

FTL_Ian

Quote from: feralfae on February 25, 2008, 11:46 PM NHFT
Gosh, yes!
We have a few!  Check in the Supply Shop on our web site at www.fija.org, and if you don't have any funds for a purchase, email me at aji@fija.org, mention this forum and let me know what you need and where to send it.   :clapping:
We have PSAs as well - you will see them on the web site.
bff

I have funds.  Which would you choose to put on the air?

Jitgos

Did anyone ever get a video and put one on the air? I'm very interested in this type of activism. It's sort of in between outside and inside the system.

feralfae

I don't know if anyone got one of our videos or not.
If not, let me know and we will go forward.  Sorry,  don't get to visit here as often as I'd like, but you can email me via the fija.org web site, or try here and I will try to remember to check here.  The email of me is aji(at)fija.org, by the way.
ff

FTL_Ian

feralfae

Well, ahem, ;D we have a video or DVD of Ron Paul: The Power of the Jury which has been very popular lately.  ;D
Want that one?  It is on the Supply Shop on the web site.  www.fija.org
ff