• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Gym Membership - $20 signup - $10 / mo

Started by picaro, February 14, 2008, 03:56 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

picaro

If anyone is interested in a monthly gym membership to Planet Fitness in Manchester.   I have a letter offering it for $10 / month, after a $20 sign-up fee.

The machines are mostly new.  They have lots of cardio equipment (treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, stair machines).     

ny2nh

I got that letter, too....but isn't that their normal basic membership? I know I pay $19.95/mo so that I can use whatever gym I want, etc. and I can bring guests....which is always fun! Working out brings out all sorts of things in people!

picaro

I dunno.   AFAICT, they offer $10/mo memberships periodically... not all the time.

srqrebel

That is darn cheap.  An annual membership at the YMCA costs nearly $400.

Atlas

Quote from: ny2nh on February 14, 2008, 07:41 PM NHFT
I got that letter, too....but isn't that their normal basic membership? I know I pay $19.95/mo so that I can use whatever gym I want, etc. and I can bring guests....
Bally's perhaps?

ny2nh

We don't have Bally's around here. Planet Fitness is good - especially if you don't want to work out around a bunch muscle heads.

dalebert

I've had Bally's for ages and was able to use it in CA. When I moved back to GA, they had closed the one I usually went to. I had to sign up for something else up here and picked Gold's. They're kind of obnoxious. I have to come up with proof of my address change before I can cancel it. The contract requires you to move 25 miles away in order to cancel within the first year. It's $40/ mo because I only paid $99 up front instead of $199. I may have to check that place out if I ever move back to Manchester.

ny2nh

I had a similar experience with Bally's. I joined in CA and then ended up moving back to NY. The closest gym was two cities away - but within the 25 miles I guess....but it was hardly a gym, it was more of a women's workout center. I joined a gym with a sauna and jacuzzi and they wanted me to go to something along the lines of a Curves.  I just stopped paying.

There are Planet Fitnesses all over the place. The big one on So. Willow St, one in West Manchester, one in Derry, one in Concord, etc. The black membership is $19.99/mo and you can go to any of the gyms you want, you can bring a guest any time you want to your home gym, and you get unlimited use of the massage chairs and tanning booths. I've never used the massage chairs since I can just walk across the street and do that, but I have used everything else. They just recently added a 30 minute circuit to the West Manchester location. If anyone decides to join, let me know, I think I get a referral credit.

dalebert

Dang, that sounds pretty good for $20/mo. Any other strings? Is there a join-up fee like Gold's?

Atlas

I've been a Bally's member for like a decade. I like the fact of being able to lift weights and run, then head to the pool area and use the steam room (which is good for losing water weight) and sauna (for the soothing effect). Are their any gyms similar to this in NH?

ny2nh

Quote from: dalebert on March 03, 2008, 03:57 PM NHFT
Dang, that sounds pretty good for $20/mo. Any other strings? Is there a join-up fee like Gold's?

I don't think I paid any extra fee when I signed up.....I don't even think I paid that day, they just sucked it out of my account (or from my debit card I don't recall which) on the 15th of the month.

They also have pizza night on the first Monday and bagel morning on the second Tuesday. Totally goes against the idea of being at the gym.....but heck, it's a perk!

ny2nh

Quote from: Rebel on April 10, 2008, 03:26 PM NHFT
I've been a Bally's member for like a decade. I like the fact of being able to lift weights and run, then head to the pool area and use the steam room (which is good for losing water weight) and sauna (for the soothing effect). Are their any gyms similar to this in NH?

I don;t know any that have either a sauna or a team room. I would love to sit in the sauna once in a while....