• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Deliberate Dumbing Down of America

Started by Kat Kanning, February 15, 2008, 12:55 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

kola

my girl "friend" would not like it.

shes a teacher! rofl!

Kola

Jared

i often wonder if the dumbing down is deliberate. i'm really not much for conspiracy theories, but it is impossible to ignore how stupid americans have become. it's really sad sometimes.

Kat Kanning

Her bio from the webpage:

QuoteCharlotte Iserbyt is the consummate whistleblower! Iserbyt served as Senior Policy Advisor in the Office of Educational Research and Improvement (OERI), U.S. Department of Education, during the first Reagan Administration, where she first blew the whistle on a major technology initiative which would control curriculum in America's classrooms. Iserbyt is a former school board director in Camden, Maine and was co-founder and research analyst of Guardians of Education for Maine (GEM) from 1978 to 2000. She has also served in the American Red Cross on Guam and Japan during the Korean War, and in the United States Foreign Service in Belgium and in the Republic of South Africa. Iserbyt is a speaker and writer, best known for her 1985 booklet Back to Basics Reform or OBE: Skinnerian International Curriculum and her 1989 pamphlet Soviets in the Classroom: America's Latest Education Fad which  covered the details of the U.S.-Soviet and Carnegie-Soviet Education Agreements which remain in effect to this day. She is a freelance writer and has had articles published in Human Events, The Washington Times, The Bangor Daily News, and included in the record of Congressional hearings.

Not exactly what I'd call a conspiracy theorist.

kola

imo vaccines have a lot to do with all the learning disabilities...at many levels.

kola

Jared

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 15, 2008, 04:49 PM NHFT
Her bio from the webpage:

QuoteCharlotte Iserbyt is the consummate whistleblower! Iserbyt served as Senior Policy Advisor in the Office of Educational Research and Improvement (OERI), U.S. Department of Education, during the first Reagan Administration, where she first blew the whistle on a major technology initiative which would control curriculum in America's classrooms. Iserbyt is a former school board director in Camden, Maine and was co-founder and research analyst of Guardians of Education for Maine (GEM) from 1978 to 2000. She has also served in the American Red Cross on Guam and Japan during the Korean War, and in the United States Foreign Service in Belgium and in the Republic of South Africa. Iserbyt is a speaker and writer, best known for her 1985 booklet Back to Basics Reform or OBE: Skinnerian International Curriculum and her 1989 pamphlet Soviets in the Classroom: America's Latest Education Fad which  covered the details of the U.S.-Soviet and Carnegie-Soviet Education Agreements which remain in effect to this day. She is a freelance writer and has had articles published in Human Events, The Washington Times, The Bangor Daily News, and included in the record of Congressional hearings.

Not exactly what I'd call a conspiracy theorist.

sorry i didn't mean to imply that. i havent read the book, i was just thinking there are probably lots of people who think that the government is putting something in the water...or something.

kola

Jared,
There are "things" being put in the water that are detrimental to our health.

no conspiracy, FACT.

Kola

Jared

Quote from: kola on February 15, 2008, 06:35 PM NHFT
Jared,
There are "things" being put in the water that are detrimental to our health.

no conspiracy, FACT.

Kola

well yeah, but is there some secret dumb juice being poured into our water supply?

kola

yup...it's  FDA, USDA, EPA approved "dumb juice"

Pick one. flouride, chlorine, mercury, aluminum, pharma dope, heavy metals, nuke waste, fertilizer runoff/nitrates etc etc.

As GW Bush quoted : "a strong nation needs more stupid people like me...CHEERS!"

Kola

Jared

Quote from: kola on February 15, 2008, 08:01 PM NHFT
yup...it's  FDA, USDA, EPA approved "dumb juice"

Pick one. flouride, chlorine, mercury, aluminum, pharma dope, heavy metals, nuke waste, fertilizer runoff/nitrates etc etc.

As GW Bush quoted : "a strong nation needs more stupid people like me...CHEERS!"

Kola

well thank god i was raised on well water

kola

beware of contaiminated wells..especially by farm areas..and have them tested yearly

nothing is safe anymore...nothing..

"shudda went to Jereds."

as Margot "pologirl" Katz would say:
hunkered down and holed up in my fortress
Kola

hmm..I will have to find her house on the aerial google map

ThePug

I suspect that Charlotte Iserbyt is much closer to the mark than General Ripper.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Jared on February 15, 2008, 04:16 PM NHFT
i often wonder if the dumbing down is deliberate. i'm really not much for conspiracy theories, but it is impossible to ignore how stupid americans have become. it's really sad sometimes.

Read John Taylor Gatto's works, too (especially this one), to see how truly deliberate it is.

Russell Kanning

ancapagency

Quote from: kola on February 15, 2008, 05:09 PM NHFT
imo vaccines have a lot to do with all the learning disabilities...at many levels.

kola

My hypothesis is that many of the "learning disabilities" are in fact symptoms of PTSD created by the gooferment schools, for example, most of the "ADD" and "ADHD."  To investigate for yourself, examine the diagnostic criteria for ADD, ADHD, and PTSD in DSM-IV.  Not definitive proof, but I think enough in itself to warrant a closer look.  Keep in mind, trauma is subjective, and what may not be traumatic for an adult may very well be quite traumatic for a five year old. 

Consider, for example, being significantly weaker and smaller than most everyone around you, and having absolutely no say over anything that happens in your life.  It's one thing when you are in that situation at home--where familiarity and 1-on-1 involvement gives you a chance to learn the rules, and it's generally pretty obvious the folks who are so much bigger and stronger and possessed of more knowledge and absolute control over your life actually love you, and make it clear that they are trying to help you, and the rules are generally pretty clear and well-known and explained.  Everything around you is made for people much bigger than you--look at a small child climbing stairs, and imagine what it would be like for you if the stairs were scaled up proportionately.  You have to recognize people by their knees and what their nostrils look like from below.  :)

Now imagine a situation where it's pretty clear that you are just another object, none of the vastly more powerful people actually treat you as an individual, or demonstrate any particular caring for you in particular, and in which things seem to happen completely arbitrarily, and with no warning.  The rules are seldom clear, seldom explained, hardly (if ever) self-evident, and usually are not even articulated in any sense except "ex post facto."  You don't know anyone, everyone but you seems to have power over you, everyone but you has knowledge, and everyone is stronger and bigger.  All these people seem to act on utterly unpredictable whim, frequently at great cost to yourself.  Furthermore, there is little in the way of consistency.  These powerful entities exert control over every aspect of your life--even over your natural bodily functions.  They transport you where they will, without a "by your leave." 

They come and go according to no rhyme or reason you can see, often appearing, issuing a random decree, and then occasionally leaving someone else to enforce their decree, or sometimes enforcing it themselves.  They ring bells at you, seemingly at random. They give you random tasks, unrelated to the other tasks they've given you in the past as well as those they give you in the future, and they often change the tasks before you are done, and rate your performance on the tasks without explaining to you the criteria by which they rate your performance.  They bury you in arcane pieces of paper, and send even more arcane pieces of paper to your family, which then cause your heretofore happy family to begin expressing disapproval.  They push you to hurry at certain times, and to slow down at other times, in a completely arbitrary fashion. 

They seem to do everything they can to make you fear.  They hold "drills" at which time they randomly ring loud bells different from the other random bells, and then hustle you out of the building.  Then you stand around with everyone else for an unspecified period of time, after which they hustle you back inside.  Sometimes they ring the loud bells and hustle you somewhere else in the building, where they make you huddle on the floor with everyone else.  They have speakers on the walls through which random decrees and such issue.  They give you too much information, too fast, and in completely random order, little of it connected to any of the other information they give you.  No one ever asks you what you want to do, how you feel about anything, what you think about anything, or if you fully understand what is going on.  No one ever asks for permission before they do anything to you. 

I could go on for quite some time.  Does anyone really doubt that this sort of thing could induce PTSD in a five year old?