• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Deliberate Dumbing Down of America

Started by Kat Kanning, February 15, 2008, 12:55 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

I took a friend's child to school one morning and honestly just about puked, the stress of being back at one of those places.  Surprised the hell outta me.  Hadn't really thought about it before, but you may be right!

kola

Bah! All those add/adhd "diagnostic tests" are designed to put everyone in the catagory, just like a sobriety test that most people cannot pass being sober. Invent "diseases", invent bogus "testing" then medicate. I call ADD/ ADHD etc "designer" diseases. I do not deny children have serious issues regarding hyperactivity but IMO the basis is vaccinations combined with food additives (nitrates, dyes, aspartame and all forms of SUGAR)etc. You doubt sugar? Visit a preschool classroom the days after Halloween. 

IMO, over vaxing (esp heavy metal contaiminants) is high on the list of the "dumbing down" scenario. It causes neurological damage differenlty in kids, some become Autistic, others a bit milder aquire Aspergers Syndrome and then it funnels down to all the other levels of learnig disabilities. Mercury dissolves neurons and inteferes with synaptic action. It short circuits brain pathways. Faulty wiring leads to power outages and dim light bulbs.

Kola 

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: ancapagency on February 16, 2008, 10:44 AM NHFT
I could go on for quite some time.  Does anyone really doubt that this sort of thing could induce PTSD in a five year old?

Not at all. Gatto doesn't call PTSD by name, but he might as well:—

QuoteOnly an imbecile would pretend that school isn't a pressure-cooker of psychodrama. Wherever children are gathered into groups by compulsion, a pecking order soon emerges in which malice, mockery, intimidation of the weak, envy, and a whole range of other nasty characteristics hold sway, like that famous millpond of Huxley's, whose quiet surface mirroring fall foliage conceals a murderous subterranean world whose law is eat or be eaten.

That's melodramatic, I suppose, yet thirty classroom years and a decade more as a visitor in hundreds of other schools have shown me what a meatgrinder the peaceful classroom really is. Bill is wondering whether he will be beaten again on the way to the lunchroom; Molly is paralyzed with fear that the popular Jean will make loud fun of her prominent teeth; Ronald is digging the point of a sharpened pencil into the neck of Herbert who sits in front of him, all the while whispering he will get Herb good if he gets Ron in trouble with the teacher; Alan is snapping a rubber band at Flo; Ralph is about to call Leonard "trailer park trash" for the three-hundredth time that day, not completely clear he knows what it means, yet enjoying the anguish it brings to Leonard's face; Greta, the most beautiful girl in the room, is practicing ogling shyer boys, then cutting them dead when she evokes any hopeful smiles in response; Willie is slowly shaken down for a dollar by Phil; and Mary's single mom has just received an eviction notice.
http://johntaylorgatto.com/chapters/3l.htm

He goes on to describe how all of this is intentional.

MTPorcupine3

If you're interested in this topic, you MUST watch my interview with Charlotte Iserbyt on Sovereign Solutions. It's the most popular of the shows I've had posted. Do a google video search, or go to www.sovereign-solutions.info and click on FREE EPISODES.

John Edward Mercier

The only thing I found wrong with public education was the need to generalize the individuals. The limit on subjects played to the strengths of some while not others, and the need to focus on the middle of the curve did not work well with those that assimilated the information at a faster/slower pace and in a different method.

I noted this because I write with my left hand... an adversity in the earliest stages. While strong family involvement increased my reading comprehension and mathematics.

Kat Kanning

Kat Kanning

Wow, that was a powerful interview.

What would it take to set you up to do new Soverign Solutions shows?

MTPorcupine3

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 17, 2008, 09:33 AM NHFT

A team of supporters, including tech support, someone to upload videos on line, financial support (there's only so much I can do without pay), and a lot of demand for the show. I've thought more about doing a live radio show, where I can have guests on from anywhere, and where we can field questions. First Amendment Radio has a spot available...but it costs money to do the show, and it costs money for subscribers to listen. I like the idea of the viewers having full access without paying.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: MTPorcupine3 on February 17, 2008, 01:28 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 17, 2008, 09:33 AM NHFT

A team of supporters, including tech support, someone to upload videos on line, financial support (there's only so much I can do without pay), and a lot of demand for the show. I've thought more about doing a live radio show, where I can have guests on from anywhere, and where we can field questions. First Amendment Radio has a spot available...but it costs money to do the show, and it costs money for subscribers to listen. I like the idea of the viewers having full access without paying.

What about something like the keene free minds are doing?  they use the public access TV channel.

I could do stuff like upload videos for you.  I would help with webpage work too.  Don't have any money though.

BaneOfTheBeast

Quote from: Jared on February 15, 2008, 05:24 PM NHFT

sorry i didn't mean to imply that. i havent read the book, i was just thinking there are probably lots of people who think that the government is putting something in the water...or something.

They are - its called flouride.
Messes with your thyroid and supresses brain function.

John Edward Mercier

BaneOfTheBeast

...and then you've got all those mandatory vaccines and voluntary flu shots filled with mercury - a neurotoxin.
...then theres all the additives in our foods, chemtrails, and the like.
...then theres our deplorable schools that have direct influence over our children 5 days a week for over 8 hours a day - where they're taught to regurgitate mindless statistics and so called "facts", while creative teaching and artful classes that promote brain stimulation are dissapearing - thanks to "no child left behind".
...and media mis/not informing us.

BaneOfTheBeast

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on February 18, 2008, 10:23 AM NHFT
Filter your water.

Most standard filters are useless against the crap they stick in your water.

Kat Kanning

Most of NH doesn't have fluoride added to the water.