• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Here's a link to running cars on water, can anybody make this simple so I can

Started by Raineyrocks, February 25, 2008, 11:56 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

understand exactly what this article is saying?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            I'm not sure if they mean you have to buy a new special car or if this technology can be done to the cars we have now. :-\

http://water4gas.com/2books.htm?hop=cyprusmete

srqrebel

The front page in that link makes it pretty clear:

"Did you know that you can convert your car or truck to a water-burning vehicle (Water Hybrid)?

Water4Gas is a Do-It-Yourself, affordable and SIMPLE technology."

This sounds pretty awesome, actually.  Perhaps Caleb could check it out in person, if interested, and report back to us:

<<<  Showing my WATER HYBRID in Los Angeles!

* Time: every SATURDAY 12:00--13:00 PM.
* Corner of Alcove/Bloomfield, Los Angeles, CA.
* Map and Driving Directions CLICK HERE

Raineyrocks

Quote from: srqrebel on February 25, 2008, 12:12 PM NHFT
The front page in that link makes it pretty clear:

"Did you know that you can convert your car or truck to a water-burning vehicle (Water Hybrid)?

Water4Gas is a Do-It-Yourself, affordable and SIMPLE technology."

This sounds pretty awesome, actually.  Perhaps Caleb could check it out in person, if interested, and report back to us:

<<<  Showing my WATER HYBRID in Los Angeles!

* Time: every SATURDAY 12:00--13:00 PM.
* Corner of Alcove/Bloomfield, Los Angeles, CA.
* Map and Driving Directions CLICK HERE

Well I read the first part and it made me think it could be done to any car but then they showed this guy standing next to a new car so that got me confused.  Oh never mind I have the blond curse! ::)

sandm000

http://www.auto-facts.org/water4gas-scam.html

It isn't a kit that you put into a car, it is a couple of books (for $100) that teach you how to make hydrogen.  I guess that he's got tons of pictures and shows how he did it to his car.  But unless you eliminate the gasoline component I don't really see how this would work (the gasoline needs oxygen to burn, and if you replace all the oxygen with hydrogen you get really loud back fires but no real explosion in the engine)

If you want to learn all the secrets in the books, it's a great idea, if you want something that you can plug into your car tomorrow, it's a bad idea.

ReverendRyan

The article is saying the laws of conservation of energy have been repealed. In other words, it's full of shit.

"HHO gas" = "DHMO" = H2O = fucking water.

It's a humidifier for yor air intake, that's all.

dalebert

At a mere glance, that website absolutely SCREAMS scam. Anytime you see something that would be completely revolutionary, you should ask why it's not plastered all over the news. Like Ryan said, it takes a lot of energy to separate hydrogen from water. It burns and combines back with oxygen to form water again and the energy that you put into it then gets used up. It's like dragging a rock to the top of a hill. You've used some energy to get the rock up there and now it has potential energy that gets used up when you nudge it and it rolls down the hill.

There was a poorly reported story about a guy who was able to make water burn using radio waves. It's true. The radio waves were losening the bonds or something like that so that the hydrogen and oxygen separated easily and would then burn. He placed a test tube full of water inside the radio waves lit it. Problem is, the radio waves were REALLY powerful. It was taking more energy to produce the radio waves than the heat produced by the "burning water", so it was really cool, but completely useless as a means of producing energy. What he had discovered was a device that could convert the energy from radio waves into heat. It wasn't extracting energy from the water.

ReverendRyan

OK, but this is an even more ridiculous scam. It doesn't even claim to separate the H and O. It "converts" distilled water to "HHO gas" (steam). The scientific term for this is "boiling".

Like I said, it's a humidifier for your air intake. And ask even the most paranoid and nutty mechanic, and he will tell you that increasing the amount of water in your fuel/air mixture LOWERS your efficiency.

Once again, HHO is a molecule consisting of 2 hydrogen and one oxygen atom.

Pathetic.

Pat K

error

Pat K

Pat McCotter

Quote from: ReverendRyan on February 25, 2008, 03:02 PM NHFT
OK, but this is an even more ridiculous scam. It doesn't even claim to separate the H and O. It "converts" distilled water to "HHO gas" (steam). The scientific term for this is "boiling".

Like I said, it's a humidifier for your air intake. And ask even the most paranoid and nutty mechanic, and he will tell you that increasing the amount of water in your fuel/air mixture LOWERS your efficiency.

Once again, HHO is a molecule consisting of 2 hydrogen and one oxygen atom.

Pathetic.

No, this is electrolysis. It makes reference to Brown's Gas. This is the end product of electrolysis - HHO.

Pat McCotter

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: dalebert on February 25, 2008, 02:48 PM NHFT
What he had discovered was a device that could convert the energy from radio waves into heat.

Someone did that a long time before him. That'd be a microwave.

Caleb

I'm more excited about Velomobiles myself ... If there was a spectacular energy seminar going on in LA, I would take the Metro and check it out for you, but this thing is screaming scam, as most everybody has noted. There is an energy bond holding hydrogen to oxygen, but as I was recently reminded, it requires even more energy to separate the two molecules, so water will never be a fuel.