• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Here's a link to running cars on water, can anybody make this simple so I can

Started by Raineyrocks, February 25, 2008, 11:56 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

Quote from: Caleb on February 25, 2008, 10:37 PM NHFT
I'm more excited about Velomobiles myself ... If there was a spectacular energy seminar going on in LA, I would take the Metro and check it out for you, but this thing is screaming scam, as most everybody has noted. There is an energy bond holding hydrogen to oxygen, but as I was recently reminded, it requires even more energy to separate the two molecules, so water will never be a fuel.

Here ya go.Oh and feel free to jump and jive along.  ;D

Raineyrocks

ByronB

Quote from: Caleb on February 25, 2008, 10:37 PM NHFT
I'm more excited about Velomobiles myself ... If there was a spectacular energy seminar going on in LA, I would take the Metro and check it out for you, but this thing is screaming scam, as most everybody has noted. There is an energy bond holding hydrogen to oxygen, but as I was recently reminded, it requires even more energy to separate the two molecules, so water will never be a fuel.

The premise to these "free energy" contraptions is making browns gas (essentially hydrolyzed water) from electricity produced from your alternator (a generator basically) and injecting that into the intake.

I contend that the extra draw on the alternator would cause you to lose any gas mileage benefits from the browns gas, however the claim is that there is somehow "extra" energy being made by your car's alternator that can be harnessed to improve your gas mileage (not eliminate the need for it).

I have a techno-genius coworker who is actually working on this project (he isn't sold on it actually doing much good, but I guess he figured it was worth a shot)... it is a bit complicated from what he described (quite a bit of machining and fabrication) and I wouldn't recommend anyone try it for money-saving purposes, if and when he finishes it I'll try to post back his results...

srqrebel

Quote from: ByronB on March 31, 2008, 04:07 AM NHFT
...if and when he finishes it I'll try to post back his results...

Awesome! I'll definitely stay tuned :)

PattyLee loves dogs

QuoteI contend that the extra draw on the alternator would cause you to lose any gas mileage benefits from the browns gas,

Unless you repeal the law of conservation of energy (what does that take? A two-thirds majority in the Senate?)

Actually, 0.1 percent of the "hydrogen" in ordinary water is really deuterium. So, you can get hundreds of miles per gallon of water... if you have a fusion reactor in your car. Good luck with the state inspection  ;D

Lloyd Danforth

Russell Kanning

Quote from: ByronB on March 31, 2008, 04:07 AM NHFT
I contend that the extra draw on the alternator would cause you to lose any gas mileage benefits from the browns gas, however the claim is that there is somehow "extra" energy being made by your car's alternator that can be harnessed to improve your gas mileage (not eliminate the need for it).
I guess it would work if your alternator was getting turned when braking.

Toadstool

I have made HHO cells.
I have made hho go boom.

I have yet to get a car to run on it.  BUT my buddy in boston who called me retodded for trying SEEN a truck with 12 cells. yea 12. and it got like 76 mpg. some redneck dude from vt in a ford. with the cells on the front of it.

IT WORKS! 
hho forums <<< google it.  i found alot of info but no $ to fund it.  I can and WILL help anyone who is interested FREE!  I have built race cars, etc I can do this.  just dont have funds like i said you can buy kits and what not.  or make your own. 

hho you tube also.  many reported cases./

dalebert

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 28, 2008, 10:52 AM NHFT
I guess it would work if your alternator was getting turned when braking.

That's how hybrids do it, but there's some pretty elaborate engineering to make that possible. There's also only one stage of conversion from one form of energy to another (kinetic energy to electrical) instead of two (kinetic to electrical and then electrical to potential by breaking the bonds of the water molecule) with an unavoidable loss of efficiency with each stage.

I've done electrolysis with a car battery. My dad had a mad scientist phase. We ran it overnight and a good chunk of the next day and managed to fill a 1 liter soda bottle with hydrogen. That's enough for a pretty loud "plurpl" when you light it. Until I hear someone explain this who actually sounds like they've taken a high school science class, including a basic understanding of the laws of thermodynamics, I remain unconvinced that it's anything but a scam taking advantage of people with poor science knowledge. The people selling it or making commissions try really hard to be convincing.

It's been Mythbusters busted.

doobie

There are a number of major issues with electrolysis of water (one of the few ways to get hyrdrogen).

1) It is expensive.
2) it is very explosive.
3) It needs a lot of electricity
4) If you don't capture it and it gets 'away' it goes up to the top most part of the atmosphere and if it doesn't reassociate with O or other materials along the way it is gone from this planet for ever.  
5) You need a cathode/anode which will decay quickly over time.  I always used copper wire and it dissolved very very quickly.

I'd say for short distances electricity is a much better method of storage of power for a car (cheaper), but it does take a lot more time to charge.

I know I wouldn't want to live near a hydrogen fueling station...

If I get a few free cycles I'll try to run numbers for energy of electrolysis, etc.

PattyLee loves dogs

Actually, some power can be extracted by the concept of hydrolysis.

1. Connect a piston-driven generator to the arms of a physicist.
2. Tell him you are going to violate conservation of energy by using the energy from your car's motion to hydrolyse water and use the hydrogen for propulsion.

Now, physicists' arms aren't very strong, so you'll need to hookup quite a few. Connect them in parallel to allow the generator to continue to run during for heart attacks.

ByronB

Quote from: PattyLee loves dogs on June 23, 2009, 06:06 PM NHFT
Actually, some power can be extracted by the concept of hydrolysis.

1. Connect a piston-driven generator to the arms of a physicist.
2. Tell him you are going to violate conservation of energy by using the energy from your car's motion to hydrolyse water and use the hydrogen for propulsion.

Now, physicists' arms aren't very strong, so you'll need to hookup quite a few. Connect them in parallel to allow the generator to continue to run during for heart attacks.

LMAO, +1