• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I want to borrow the book "Fit for Life."

Started by Porcupine Realtor, February 23, 2008, 10:07 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Porcupine Realtor

Does anyone have a used copy of Fit for Life that I can borrow?  I'm in Manchester.  Thanks in advance.  I want to read up on "food combining."

ny2nh

There's this place...it's called the library.....I think they have books you might be able to borrow. : )

Russell Kanning

Quote from: ny2nh on February 23, 2008, 10:18 AM NHFT
There's this place...it's called the library.....I think they have books you might be bale to borrow. : )
:)

I bet they will have an old and new copy of that book. It has good info. :)

picaro

Quote from: ny2nh on February 23, 2008, 10:18 AM NHFT
There's this place...it's called the library.....I think they have books you might be bale to borrow. : )

Have you actually tried to use the library here???

Most of the books in the Manchester Library have been yellowing for 30+ years.  It is hit or miss finding anything new.   Need to check the internet to find the name of a book?  You have 15 minutes per day... on a very slow terminal.   And the library fines suck.   

The city should sell it.

I'd rather borrow from a friend or buy used through Amazon.    (Many books can be found for $1 + $4 shipping)

ny2nh

I just couldn't resist, Nate. And, no, I don't think I have used the library in Manchester in years. The last time I needed a book, I used the Derry library.

Mark - have you tried half.com? You can usually get a book pretty inexpensively.

Kat Kanning

I have a copy you can read.  if you give me mailing address, I'll drop it in the mail.

kola

That was the first "health" book I read, 35 years ago.

It opened my eyes.

I think it was writtten in the late 70's?

Kola

Kat Kanning

Here's some info on food combining:
http://drbass.com/sequential.html
(probably more complicated than you need)

It really helps Russell if he doesn't eat meat + starches together - so like potatoes and veggies OR meat and veggies, he's OK, but potatoes and meat he doesn't feel so good.  Vegetarian pizza seems to sit OK, or chicken + salad.  We do fruit by itself.  Haven't really gotten into the details of acid/sub acid/sweet fruit and all that, but it does seem to help if you eat melon with nothing but melon.