• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Liberty-oriented Entertainment site

Started by ancapagency, February 27, 2008, 10:59 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

picaro

We could always get it started by just compiling good Libertarian media from YouTube in one place and categorizing it. It would be a nice one-stop shopping place for people looking for existing Libertarian media.

Good ideas, Dale.

Also,
what are some good sources of pre-existing/stock footage?  (Archive.org features a number of CCL clips)
what about assembling our own library of stock footage?     (using a sneakernet would eliminate bandwidth expenses)

I know there was a Ron Paul yahoo group created just to distribute footage for videos.

ancapagency

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO36y78dXAs

Definitely need to add stuff like this to the site, in addition to the straight entertainment stuff.

MattLeft

On the Reality TV front, maybe have "Porcupine House."  Great name because you could verbally shorten it to Porc House which sounds cool.  Also, it'll draw in many unsuspecting viewers who think it's a sequel to Meerkat Manor.

Have 5-10 liberty activists all living in one big house, doing the activism thing.  Beer, sex, protests, screaming fights, politics...It would be great.  No other Real World/Big Brother type of reality show features its cast donning "V for Vendetta" masks and heading off to the capitol building.

You need certain stereotypes to fit the tried&true reality show formula.  The effeminate gay.  The black guy.  The slut-girl.  The virgin.  But you could alter this with The Gun Nut, the Politician, the Slut-girl (I wouldn't watch the show without her), the deeply religious Libertarian,etc.

jcchriste

And of course, like all reality TV shows, reality is entirely optional.

You know what else might be a fun FSP Reality TV. Do a spoof off the mole. The group of activists with one of them being an undercover cop who enjoys long walks on the beach and illegal search and seizures.

MattLeft

Quote from: jcchriste on February 28, 2008, 03:10 PM NHFT
And of course, like all reality TV shows, reality is entirely optional.

You know what else might be a fun FSP Reality TV. Do a spoof off the mole. The group of activists with one of them being an undercover cop who enjoys long walks on the beach and illegal search and seizures.

Yes!  Call it "The Pig" instead of The Mole.

jcchriste

"The Porcs and the Pig"?

One other thought I had, does anyone know if its possible to recreate youtube easily? I know its been done with xtube and godtube, to make a youtube with a chosen focus, is that something we could do?

dalebert

Quote from: jcchriste on February 29, 2008, 01:54 PM NHFT
"The Porcs and the Pig"?

One other thought I had, does anyone know if its possible to recreate youtube easily? I know its been done with xtube and godtube, to make a youtube with a chosen focus, is that something we could do?

It can be done with enough space, but I wouldn't recommend it, at least not for a while. It's so much easier to use their infrastructure and just embed the videos in the liberty site. One benefit of that is you get some crossover when people are watching other videos that link to ours. That's how a lot of videos are discovered. A completely separate site wouldn't get that.

I say hold that thought for now. Start small and grow into it as you see what works and what doesn't.

ReverendRyan

I have an idea for a kids' show, starring a certain little 3 year old.

Pilot: A trip to the grocery store

We go to the neighborhood grocery store, show how the free market makes such a wonderful phenomenon possible, maybe talk with a manager, clerks, etc., walk the aisles, show the cereal especially (good example of the amount of choice provided by the market).

Maybe talk about sales tax? ("New Hampshire is great, because my 50 cent chocolate bar REALLY only costs me 2 quarters. Wouldn't it be great if it was that easy everywhere?!?")

"Permission" to use the "Pirates and Emperors" clip pending.

I can do the editing and have plenty of original kiddie-type music I composed in high school to use.

And of course, I'll tap the photoshop awesomeness of Puke for any graphics.

The only thing I would need is use of a good camera for about a day. Anyone?

Caleb

Quote from: Pat K on February 28, 2008, 01:15 AM NHFT
The  hooker/ detective/ rocket scientist, who discovers
energy from the hot air, generated by senators, congressman
and libertarians  bull shitting on and on.     

:laughing4: :biglaugh:

dalebert

Quote from: ReverendRyan on March 05, 2008, 10:27 PM NHFT
I have an idea for a kids' show, starring a certain little 3 year old.

Sounds good Ryan, but you have to wear a colorful dinosaur outfit.

lildog

Quote from: Pat K on February 28, 2008, 01:15 AM NHFT
The  hooker/ detective/ rocket scientist, who discovers
energy from the hot air, generated by senators, congressman
and libertarians  bull shitting on and on.

Too close to "Buckaroo Bonzi"

By the way there is already a true liberty oriented entertainment site... it's called Mark's Showplace and it's on Rt 3 in Bedford.  I feel VERY free every time I walk in the door!  But something tells me that's a DIFFERENT type of freedom then what's being discussed here.  ;D

Porcupine_in_MA

I wish there was more Buckaroo Banzai movies made. I'm a fan of that movie.

Pat K

Ya know I always thought this place
was a liberty-oriented entertainment site.  ;D