• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Anti-war Rally, 15 March 2008

Started by Puke, February 27, 2008, 02:43 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

kola

Quote from: Puke on February 29, 2008, 05:16 AM NHFT
Quote from: kola on February 28, 2008, 10:15 PM NHFT
maybe yall get lucky and see some black tanks and new weapory.

grrrrrr...damn nazi's.

bring videos.

What the hell are you talking about?  :-\

You havent been to a rally where tanks and black dressed Swat teams are all over the place?

Kola

David

No.  But then, I don't go marching in NY or DC either. 

Puke

Quote from: kola on February 29, 2008, 08:15 AM NHFT
You havent been to a rally where tanks and black dressed Swat teams are all over the place?

No. This is a small rally of probably a hundred people. America isn't that bad yet.

Also, by tanks I suspect you mean armored personnel carriers. There is a difference.

kola

I guess they were just taking the tank for a spin around the block:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOj9TpZ_ANI

more tanks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBp3fqKP7Y4

Puke

The first video is a Stryker armored combat vehicle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stryker

They could have just been driving by, from base to base. It isn't unusual to see Army vehicles on the road when you live near a base. It is rather coincidental, but they weren't engaging the protesters.

The second video was shit, so it's hard to tell. I only saw a couple of armored vehicles. Mostly fucking pigs beating people in LA. Not bloody likely to happen here in March.

This is a tank.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank

QuoteA tank is a tracked armoured combat vehicle designed to engage enemies head-on, using direct and indirect fire from a large-calibre gun and supporting fire from machine guns.

Sorry, but I have to nit-pick military stuff and monumental paranoia. 

FTL_Ian

I will be out of town for a talk radio convention, unfortunately.  If Puke speaks, I hope someone records it on video.

Porcupine Realtor

Quote from: kola on February 27, 2008, 03:28 PM NHFT
anyone attending will become an "enemy combatant" and a "criminal extremist".
Wear your V masks. 
The rally sounds good, except for the part about spending money at home on "human needs."  What crap; too bad the leftists have to co-opt a good thing like a peace march with a call for more force at home via taxation.

Puke

Quote from: Black Sam Rackham on February 29, 2008, 10:04 PM NHFT
I will be out of town for a talk radio convention, unfortunately.  If Puke speaks, I hope someone records it on video.

I plan to audio record it.

Quote from: Taxinator on February 29, 2008, 10:22 PM NHFT
The rally sounds good, except for the part about spending money at home on "human needs."  What crap; too bad the leftists have to co-opt a good thing like a peace march with a call for more force at home via taxation.

I'll be sure to point out who the real enemies are, politicians.

Tom Sawyer

Jared

soooooo...when is the actual time/place? for the concord one, i mean.

Kat Kanning

Looks like 1:30 for Concord.

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 27, 2008, 03:22 PM NHFT
Concord:
March and Rally beginning at 1:30 at the parking lot at 6 Loudon Road, marching to the State House for a rally at 2:30.  We are calling for the US to get out of Iraq now, no military strikes on Iran or Pakistan and funding for human needs at home and abroad.  Speakers will include Iraq war veteran, Will Hopkins as well as music and poetry.

Keene:
Peace March and Rally to mark the 5th anniversary of the unjustified invasion of Iraq, and 5 years of a bloody, costly, and counter-productive occupation.  Assemble at 10:00 am at the Main Street entrance to Keene State College for the procession to Central Square and the rally from 11:00 to noon. A strong showing will our let our leaders know that, despite the pressures of everyday living, real people have not forgotten this extended conflict, and we want our troops withdrawn swiftly and safely. For more information, contact Chris Hansen:  603-835-6190, marcuschristian@hotmail.com.

Jared

Quote from: Kat Kanning on March 07, 2008, 05:23 AM NHFT
Looks like 1:30 for Concord.

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 27, 2008, 03:22 PM NHFT
Concord:
March and Rally beginning at 1:30 at the parking lot at 6 Loudon Road, marching to the State House for a rally at 2:30.  We are calling for the US to get out of Iraq now, no military strikes on Iran or Pakistan and funding for human needs at home and abroad.  Speakers will include Iraq war veteran, Will Hopkins as well as music and poetry.

Keene:
Peace March and Rally to mark the 5th anniversary of the unjustified invasion of Iraq, and 5 years of a bloody, costly, and counter-productive occupation.  Assemble at 10:00 am at the Main Street entrance to Keene State College for the procession to Central Square and the rally from 11:00 to noon. A strong showing will our let our leaders know that, despite the pressures of everyday living, real people have not forgotten this extended conflict, and we want our troops withdrawn swiftly and safely. For more information, contact Chris Hansen:  603-835-6190, marcuschristian@hotmail.com.

sweet. i'll be there.

Russell Kanning

Jared

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 08, 2008, 04:22 PM NHFT
there is some other stuph happening too:

http://www.newhampshirefreepress.com/NHFreePress/?q=node/28

ill be at the portsmouth vigil, since it's 1 minute from my house :), and of course the concord rally

Russell Kanning

if you are doing the Portsmouth one .... can you start a thread on the subject and gather what info you can so other people will want to join you?

it is on another day .... right?

if you take pictures and give me captions ... we can make an article about it for the paper and foward it to the various peacenic groups in NH. :)