• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

House down the street for sale!

Started by FTL_Ian, February 28, 2008, 08:16 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

FTL_Ian

I think they dropped the price on this, as they should have.  It's tiny!

Front yard is privacy fenced, which is unusual, but I imagine many Liberty minded people would appreciate that.

Puke

That's a nice little house. Wish I had the finances to afford a house though.
Built in the 1930's! That's what sucks about New England. All the houses are ancient. I like modern stuff.
Oh well.

Puke

Quote from: FTL_Ian on May 16, 2008, 01:48 PM NHFT
Front yard is privacy fenced, which is unusual, but I imagine many Liberty minded people would appreciate that.

You're right, I do like that. Keeps those damn kids off my lawn.  :P

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Scott Roth on May 16, 2008, 06:42 PM NHFT
A house from the 30's is ancient?  My house here in Antrim was built in 1703!!!  Welcome to New England.

Mine in 1890.. it's a well-built home.

Puke

Holy fuck! That is old!

I really don't like old stuff I guess. I like shiny new things.

Puke

Quote from: Scott Roth on May 16, 2008, 08:14 PM NHFT
Guess you don't like me then.  I'm old. :D

I knew that was coming from someone.   :)

David

My concern about old houses, and even not so old houses is asbestos and lead paint.  I realize that the harm from those things is overblown, but they are proven harmful, and not something that I really want to deal with.   :-\

Russell Kanning

Quote from: David on May 19, 2008, 10:35 AM NHFT
My concern about old houses, and even not so old houses is asbestos and lead paint.  I realize that the harm from those things is overblown, but they are proven harmful, and not something that I really want to deal with.   :-\
how about a house from 1705?

Lloyd Danforth

Still gonna have lead paint. It is only a problem when it chips and kids eat the chips.  Just try to control yourself David and you'll be alright.

Tom Sawyer

maulotaur

Quote from: FTL_Ian on February 28, 2008, 08:16 PM NHFT
Join the Free Street Project!   8)

http://www.beangroup.com/real_estate/listings/Homes/NH/Keene/623185

Is that a typical size for houses there?  I am in a much larger house now, but actually would like to reduce the space that I use...been throwing useless stuff out of the attic for the past few months.  The size of the house down your street would be more than enough for me, but that color has got to go! 

-Paul in VA

Pat K

Russell Kanning

of the tiny houses built around 1930, I would say normal sized. Then there are the mansions one block away and then 3 blocks away there are normal tract houses from about the 50's.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: maulotaur on May 21, 2008, 03:40 PM NHFT
Is that a typical size for houses there?  I am in a much larger house now, but actually would like to reduce the space that I use...been throwing useless stuff out of the attic for the past few months.  The size of the house down your street would be more than enough for me, but that color has got to go! 

-Paul in VA

House size varies.   Look around at http://beangroup.com