• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Pat McCotter

Started by d_goddard, February 29, 2008, 06:59 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

d_goddard

Reposting here from Jenn's post on NHLA Forum:

Pat is in Mass General hospital in the Intensive Care Unit.  He has a brain aneurysm and was in surgery today for 5hrs while they put 3 stents into his brain.  He will have to go back into surgery this coming Monday in order to have coils placed in the aneurysm.

Please keep him and Gloria in your thoughts.

Gloria is staying in Boston in a hotel and using a t-mobile rechargeable phone to keep in contact.  They have asked for nothing but prayers but I think it would be helpful to them to possibly have gas cards to get back and forth from Boston or speak easy t-mobile phone cards for the cell phone.  Gloria plans to come back to Concord on Sunday to get some clothing if Pat is stable and then go back into Boston Monday morning.

Please contact me if you can help and I will tell you what to do with the card, also get well cards can be dropped off as well.

Some of us are already discussing cooking some meals to bring over to them when they get to come home as well.  If you are someone that believes in any form of prayer please do so, pass his name onto prayer chains, whatever your beliefs are to shower them with positive hope.

With the storm coming tonight it would be a huge help as well if there was someone in the Concord area that could clear a spot for Gloria so she can get in on Sunday.

Kat Kanning

Pat K

Tom Sawyer

Trying to send out positive thoughts.

Get better Pat.  :-\

Friday

Love you, the McCotter!   :hug45:

Jim Johnson

Good Luck Pat.

Keep fighting.

Lloyd Danforth

Caleb

I will pray for Pat. Hopefully he got medical treatment in time.

Kat Kanning

I banned him for that one.

hwrnhetcxyc

d_goddard

Thanks to the folks who donated funds. We dropped off a gas card this morning (to help with the drives back & forth from Mass) and Irena cleared their driveway.

KBCraig

Blessings to everyone who is able to help. When my niece (who was 21 at the time) had a brain aneurysm seven years ago just after the birth of her first child, I got the emergency message while at work. I was two hours away from the hospital to which she was being rushed by ambulance. My sister was right behind the ambulance, coming from a different town an hour from the hospital.

I beat them to the ER. I don't dawdle when loved ones' lives are at stake.

I forget all the particulars of anterior/posterior/interior/exterior, but it was the major left artery feeding her brain. Part of the "circle of... something". They placed a temporary clip  before the aneurysm to observe circulation, to see if her brain was still being supplied without that artery. It was, so then they went ahead and permanently clamped it off. About two weeks in the hospital at first, then a couple more when they did the procedure.

She's got a weird scar up under her hairline, and one eye drooped for months, but no lasting permanent damage. She even had a second baby, which put us all into high stress mode.

Many prayers for the "Pam T. Cotter" family. Pat is good people.

Kat Kanning

Pat K

From what I have read, he is stable and doing better.
The mass that was removed from his shoulder was benign.

He is waiting for surgery to implant some stents.

Pat K

From Jenn on the NHLA board.

I just now got off the phone with her and they may come home tomorrow but he will have to go back in 8 weeks to have additional surgery. The doctors are not hopeful that that what they where able to do will be enough.  There is about a 10% chance he will not need further surgical intervention